TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my SAW's and didn't see the new sway bar. When I bought the coilovers the description said that they were including a new sway bar. Well, I opened the box and only found a sway bar relocation kit?? WTF? I guess it will work the same, but they shouldn't sell a sway bar if they are not going to send you one. Has anyone that bought SAW's recently for an 06 experience this. Man these things are so nice and pretty I am reluctant to even put them on my truck...NOT! Still waiting for my Shrockworks front bumper. Maybe next month?.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Nate can't believe your even screwin with the new ride....

Kaistie said:
So I finally got my SAW's and didn't see the new sway bar. When I bought the coilovers the description said that they were including a new sway bar. Well, I opened the box and only found a sway bar relocation kit?? WTF? I guess it will work the same, but they shouldn't sell a sway bar if they are not going to send you one. Has anyone that bought SAW's recently for an 06 experience this. Man these things are so nice and pretty I am reluctant to even put them on my truck...NOT! Still waiting for my Shrockworks front bumper. Maybe next month?.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why? Its my hobby, something I enjoy doing. I'll just buy a new one if I ruine this one. The plan is to lift it properly so I maintain some kind of decent ride, add some nice armor, wheels and tires and be done. I do not plan on wheeling it ever weekend, just when I go camping or take my wife and family out to the Dez. That is why I kept my other rig. It really is just something to do, not really a necessity. I just like spending money.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grumpy said:
have you called them yet???

Well, I bought them from E shocks, but I don't know if they would know what is going on. I will probably have to call SAW for a straight answer. Nevertheless, if they changed the design then I really can't say anything. Most of their disclaimers say they reserve the right to make changes without notification to the buyer. My complaint is that they sold me a product based off a description and changed it. Not really a big deal, as long as it performs the same function.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
sounds good if you can stop at that with it.

Kaistie said:
Why? Its my hobby, something I enjoy doing. I'll just buy a new one if I ruine this one. The plan is to lift it properly so I maintain some kind of decent ride, add some nice armor, wheels and tires and be done. I do not plan on wheeling it ever weekend, just when I go camping or take my wife and family out to the Dez. That is why I kept my other rig. It really is just something to do, not really a necessity. I just like spending money.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that is going to be the extent of my suspension mods. I might do some other bling things, but nothing too serious. I did order a Schrockworks bumper and will get my Warn for it. I think it will still ride nice, and I wont look like all the rest of the trucks out there. I think that is the biggest modivatng factor...I don't want to look like everyone else. People suck for the most part and I don't want to be like them. Nice attitude huh?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
padesertboy said:
it`s not a DD...

I`ll back half it, exo or interior cage, & dual cases.
Not sure I understand??? Does that comment mean you will pay for half of my mods. I will take dual cases if you are offering :D :D Yes, my black 06 is a DD.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Kaistie said:
I did order a Schrockworks bumper and will get my Warn for it. I think it will still ride nice, and I wont look like all the rest of the trucks out there.
Wellllllllllllllllllllll, not all of them anyhow. :D (Mine's silver though.)

Just waiting on Jim to finish mine up so I can DRIVE to Texass to pick it up and shoot the bull with them. Gonna pop by College Station and visit my son for a day as well, dual purpose trip.

Did you get the bumper with tubes or without? Did you get the extended skid as well?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
azrain said:
Wellllllllllllllllllllll, not all of them anyhow. :D (Mine's silver though.)

Just waiting on Jim to finish mine up so I can DRIVE to Texass to pick it up and shoot the bull with them. Gonna pop by College Station and visit my son for a day as well, dual purpose trip.

Did you get the bumper with tubes or without? Did you get the extended skid as well?
I am having him make one tube just in the middle, not over the lights. Also, I am having him lay it back a little. From the pics of his bumper online, that middle section is tilted forward, not really what I wanted. Yes, he is suppose to be including the skid plate. I recall him saying that he would do that on this first batch of bumpers, but would probably be charging for them in the future. I sent him an email yesterday to see if he could give me a status report. I kinda want to know how far along he is. Yeah, it gonna be nice. I got mine in black with the PIAA lights. I wanted to have him include the winch as well, but couldn't make myself drop the cash since I just bought all my lift stuff. Have fun on your trip to Tx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
Kaistie
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing