TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just signed up for the forum.

My wife and I moved to Denver from Chicago last fall, we are in process of closing on a house in Thornton CO, and I just picked up a 95 4Runner SR5 as a "grocery getter" to hold us over for a while, and eventually become a weekender/hobby truck. I figure i'll do some bolt-ons for the next year or so, then take her off the road for a more significant overhaul.

I am not that familiar with 4x4's or going wheeling just yet, but I am looking forward to learning, and getting our truck up to par so we can take it out camping, and maybe join up for some group events.

I'll be using the search button liberally, and appreciate your input and advice.

Thanks

Phil

·
7,735 Posts
welcome!

You got a ton of resources here to help you along in both working on the truck and getting out and wheeling it. Watch for the plan a trail run section and check out 4x4trails.net for local trails with ratings so you know what fits your abilities.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch for the plan a trail run section and check out 4x4trails.net for local trails with ratings so you know what fits your abilities.

Thanks for the welcome-

Unfortunately, given the age of our truck the trails that are within our capabilities are likely going to be dirt roads for the moment... LoL

Our 94 has a classic case of rear suspension sag so I am looking at doing 4 corners of shocks, and springs, then probably wheels and tires as long as the power plant holds out (3.0/Auto with 218k on the clock). I'll have to be looking into the motor situation next spring if it holds- Wife is driving the 4Runner as a grocery getter until I can get her something better, or I can rotate her into the TL, and get myself an economical beater for the commute.

I'd be hesitant to really wheel the 4Runner if we are depending on it- but i would be interested in some meet ups, and tech sessions, so hopefully you all will see me around.

P

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah- here is the 4Runner

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Nice to have you on board. Getting that sag eliminated is an easy fix, but with lots of options! We do all kinds of runs/gatherings, so look forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
And for the record you can caome to a H.O.W - House Of Wrenching. Redrunnertc and I have one near you. So we can help you. If you need welding (Sliders) Troy can do that too.

You'll find that CoTTORA is very different than the National board (TTORA) We don't flame and get bitchy like they do on the national board. So if you need anything, post up on CoTTORA and we'll help ya out ;)

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Wow, those are some tiny tires!

As for the age of the truck, don't worry about it. There are MANY of us 'wheeling rigs older than yours!

Here's probably the most cost effective way to fix your sag and replace shocks:
http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-CADA-BBHG.aspx

Also, for more technical info on your 4Runner, check out www.yotatech.com

·
Registered
609 Posts
Welcome man. Cool group for sure. I have been pretty busy lately so haven't been so involved. Just purchased a house myself and found a new job, which has taken a lot of my time.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
I feel the same way about SoCal... and people from there :D. But you're alright.
na its those norcal bastards that are a waste of space. :lmao:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome!

Hope you don't take offense, but i LOATHE Shitcago...

But i like you :D
thats AWESOME.

We weren't to fond of it either, but it was a career move. Fortunately they eventually moved us out here to Colorado (which is where we always wanted to be) so that paid off alright!

LoL

P

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, those are some tiny tires!

As for the age of the truck, don't worry about it. There are MANY of us 'wheeling rigs older than yours!

Here's probably the most cost effective way to fix your sag and replace shocks:
http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-CADA-BBHG.aspx

Also, for more technical info on your 4Runner, check out www.yotatech.com
You ain't kiddin about the wheels. Wait till you see it- it looks like one of those old roller skates...

Glad to be aboard- THANK YOU EVERYONE for the welcomes, I'll be sure to contribute as best I can, and thanks in advance for the guidance I know I'll be in need of it.

Phil

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
you know, there's not alot of difference between norcal and colorado people. As long as your ignore the Bay Area that is.
the big difference between colorado people and norcal people is that colorado people didnt move here in search of wide open colorado mountains! we started out here

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
the big difference between colorado people and norcal people is that colorado people didnt move here in search of wide open colorado mountains! we started out here
Well can you blame them? ;)

·
Registered
828 Posts
you know, there's not alot of difference between norcal and colorado people. As long as your ignore the Bay Area that is.
To bad the Bay Area type people dominate Nor-Cal ;)

And it's the same with So-Cal, if you can ignore LA it's a great place to live.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts