TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted a new toy, so got the ScanGaugeII. Followed someone else's lead, but didn't like the location, so moved it. Location one...

Wanted it within reach of the right hand and in clear view.

Ran the cable under the dash up through the top.

Had to notch the facia, but who's gonna notice?? :D

Not thrilled about the velcro mounting, but popped the case and not much to work with, stabel enough for now with the cable taped to the dash for some tension.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Go to wal-mart & in the place where they have the double-stick tape. took for the grey stuff with red wrapping, It'll hold 5 pounds, works wonders, & will peel off clean (unlike the white stuff). It's about about 4-5 bucks for a small roll but like I said it works wonders & will work a lot better than velco.

·
Registered
118 Posts
3M has some hardcore velcro stuff that works great also, it's more of a pop and lock kinda thing. Do you like the scan gauge so far, I've been thinking of buying one.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the options, just got to find myself in a WalMart sometime soon! I like it, but haven't had the time to research all of its capabilities and decipher the cryptic meaning of some of the measurements. I'm going to deckplate the airbox this weekend, so I'm hoping to play with it and see if anything changes. At the very least it's nice to be able to determine what a check engine light is for without having to make the trip to the mech/dealer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
mgyver1 said:
Go to wal-mart & in the place where they have the double-stick tape. took for the grey stuff with red wrapping, It'll hold 5 pounds, works wonders, & will peel off clean (unlike the white stuff). It's about about 4-5 bucks for a small roll but like I said it works wonders & will work a lot better than velco.
Gee, who would have thought that Mgyver would have some clever way of hooking something up? Didn't they have a show about that???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts