TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
85 5speed 22re put my duel cases in a while ago and havent been able to drive it much but took it out today cus i finally put my seats in and i noticed a really bad whinning/grinding/moaningdeathnoisethatsoundslikeitsgoingtoexplode, but its been like that for a while and i check to see if anything was rattleing against the case on theoutside but i cant see anyting like the exhaust hitting any clues to what ya think it might be, case has like 200miles on max, i ask because ive taken that case out so many times (sealing reasons that i finaly fixded)that i realy dont want to remove it it i absolutly dont have to any ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
You did put oil in it didn't you? How about the possablilty of it comeing into contact with the body if you didn't get the hole quite large enough? I did that when I put the crawl box in and it sounded like the truck was about ready to explode.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dick Foster said:
You did put oil in it didn't you? How about the possablilty of it comeing into contact with the body if you didn't get the hole quite large enough? I did that when I put the crawl box in and it sounded like the truck was about ready to explode.
lol ya theres oil in it, and the only thing that hits my case is my exhaust and ya that kinda rattles a little but i rachet strapped it out of the way so it didnt touch at all and it still makes that crazy noise at about 3grand rpms once i get past abotu 3.5k it sounds normal really wierd huh, i does it in all the gears 2wd and 4wd

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Bent Wheel said:
What dose "bump" mean?

means they are bumping the thread back up to the top of the forum

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
thebeast8888 said:
Mine is making a strange noise also, I think it might be related to the output flange. When I did the axle swap on the 4runner, the output flange was WAYYY loose. I unsteaked the nut, cranked it down, restaked it, and there is still a little 'flop' to it (side to side movement). I need to pull the d-shaft and re-check it, possibly change out the flange while im in there.

Could possibly be your driveline???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts