TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my truck. I want to say thanks to Marnes, Yota4Lyfe, SinCityTaco,rguy and many others on this forum for helping me out with my questions.

Front:
Donahoe Coilovers
Camburg UCA
Donahoe Jounce

Rear:
Donahoe Resevoirs
Deaver 10pack Leaf Springs
Donahoe Jounce

Wheels:
Walker Evans Streetlock 17x8.5 bs 4.5
BFG's AT KO 285/70/17

Sounds:
Kenwood DDX 6019
Kenwood NAV DV4100
Scosche Subwoofer EFX

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
looks good. Now we need to do bumper, LT, Lighting, etc.. hahaha. We need to start a Walker Evans wheel group :) Mine arent Black beedlock though.lol Hey DMZ is selling walker evans and you can buy them a little cheaper! Wow your filipino?? SAME HERE!! HAHAHAHAH WE ALL ARE!

·
Registered
741 Posts
ryguy said:
looks good. Now we need to do bumper, LT, Lighting, etc.. hahaha. We need to start a Walker Evans wheel group :) Mine arent Black beedlock though.lol Hey DMZ is selling walker evans and you can buy them a little cheaper! Wow your filipino?? SAME HERE!! HAHAHAHAH WE ALL ARE!
you put so much stuff in that one paragraph! lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Everyone! My next dilemma is how am I going to mount my spare tire. What are you guys doing?

1. Fabtech angled
2. Fabtech flat
3. Tiregate
4. Custom

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
SCEXPLORER said:
Thanks Everyone! My next dilemma is how am I going to mount my spare tire. What are you guys doing?

1. Fabtech angled
2. Fabtech flat
3. Tiregate
4. Custom
Dont go tiregate, I think Rojo was saying itll rip you bed/bedsides up..

This is what i did.........I bought a used tire/wheel put it in my bed then wrapped ratchet straps around the tire and D-rings. When i need to use my bed i leave the tire in the garage and i have full bed space (its temporary ofcourse, but it works) :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
marnes2986 said:
Dont go tiregate, I think Rojo was saying itll rip you bed/bedsides up..

This is what i did.........I bought a used tire/wheel put it in my bed then wrapped ratchet straps around the tire and D-rings. When i need to use my bed i leave the tire in the garage and i have full bed space (its temporary ofcourse, but it works) :)
I was thinking about doing the same thing. How did it handle when your flying through the desert? Did it flop around or did the ratchets keep it in place?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Truck looks great. As soon as you hit the desert let us know if you have rubbing issues with those 285/70R17s. I have been thinking about that combo and need input. How high are your coilovers set? Sweet truck.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
06LVTACO said:
Truck looks great. As soon as you hit the desert let us know if you have rubbing issues with those 285/70R17s. I have been thinking about that combo and need input. How high are your coilovers set? Sweet truck.
I already had rubbing issues just in reverse up so I cut a good amount of plastic off from the front inner fender plastic, a little off the front and rear of the fender flare and even grinded a little off of the frame. I'm trying to test it out on the dirt this week so i'll let you know.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wish I had a pic of it but a shop here in So Cal Suspend Industries
did a killer set up. I'm not sure if they are still around but i am sure Tweeter or some of the other desert guys should have a pic of it. It lays flat in the bed and is hinged on one side with a latch/lock on the other. When you need to use the bed it would flip up vertical and lock into place lining up with the wheel well. I'll look for a pic.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
17 Participants
SCEXPLORER
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing