TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so we all how how things happen to my truck when i get bored. so on wednesday night i got bored and choped my door hinges for removeable doors during my camping trip. it was great to not have doors again. but with kids in the truck, i didn't want them to fall out so i took it really easy. and i got pretty tippy at one point by myself and almost fell out of the truck (yes i know, "that's what seatbelts are for") so last night i started fabbing ( AGIAN ) and this is what i came up with.

here's the truck without the doors on it

here is the frame after a final test fitting

and here's the product for

and yes i know they are blue,( i just didn't have enough of any other color so that is just temp)

and eventually i'm going to do the outside in solid diamond plating, i'm just waiting cause i may alter the desing of them a bit

·
20,355 Posts
looks good. With out trucks you dont want to go doorless, you want atleast a tube door in there as the doors are a big part of the cabs structural integraty.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You HAVE to do an outer skin of some kind, as your truck now says "Wheelers Fo" on the passenger side, not sure about the driver's. :D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i'm gonna get some more paint and move the website to the bedside, that way it's still visible with the doors on or off

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can't do anymore welding until next month with the power bill and all. but i was planning on moving it anyway

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
looks good. With out trucks you dont want to go doorless, you want atleast a tube door in there as the doors are a big part of the cabs structural integraty.
I have yet to see a tube door that provided anything structural

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Haha...yeah...they sit in there too loose to really keep the cab from flexing. And mine are commercially built!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I agree that if you go no doors, you will need tube doors or a bar coming off an interior roll cage just for protection. Rock really don't forgive!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts