TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 Tacoma 4x4 making a scraping sound from passenger side front wheel when I turn or put on the brakes? Any ideas?
Thanks!
Also, Its more noticable when turning right. Oh and The truck has 49K miles on it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks Dick, I am going to go check it out. How would it have gotton bent?? how do they typically? Its just odd

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
They are pretty thin sheet metal so almost anything can bend them. Servicing the wheels or brakes, snow and ice in the winter, wheeling from rocks, stumps, mud etc. It doesn't take much. Not like the 1/4" thick steel on my Chevy front brake setup.
Both of my rears rub the brake drums when I turn. They are always getting pushed out of shape in the rocks. I used to bend them back out once in a while but now I just ignore it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you were right Dick, thanks! Have no idea how it happened but the top part of the sheild was bent into the rotor, havent driven it since bending it back but I bet that was it since it had a nice shiny groove rubbed into it.

Thanks again~!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Dick is a genius...
For real, Its nice to have guys like him out there. That what makes TTORA so cool.
I know.."what a suk up"....and go ahead, let the dirty phrases begin.
Allright "You Dick Lover"

It's true to name a few others: hytenor, showstop, gadget..........I could go on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts