TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Adam (Rockweiser) just picked up my rear axle from Dallas. He was headed up there for the ufc fight anyway so it made sense.
Its from a 2002 Tundra, unknown mileage. Was only replaced because of a leaky pinion and axle tube seal.
I will end up putting my 8.4 3rd in this. I'll also use my brake backing plates with the tundra shafts so I can keep the e-brake cable up above the leaf springs.

It's a little dirty but that's not a big deal.

Picked it up for $120 and I owe my friend $45 for gas. Not bad in my opinion.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I like the extra width you went with..I kinda wish mine was that wide for the extra stability instead of 60/62 that I am now. You going to run a high backspace wheel to keep the scrub radius at a minimum?

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
I like the extra width you went with..I kinda wish mine was that wide for the extra stability instead of 60/62 that I am now. You going to run a high backspace wheel to keep the scrub radius at a minimum?
I think he needs the extra width for the 42s :p

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
For the time being in keeping my 3.75 BS wheels. I will probably go with tundra front brakes later on, so I'll keep that in mind if/ when I replace the wheels. If so I suppose the most I'll end up at is 4.5.

I think he needs the extra width for the 42s :p
Biggest these axles will see are 40's. I swear. :D

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
For the time being in keeping my 3.75 BS wheels. I will probably go with tundra front brakes later on, so I'll keep that in mind if/ when I replace the wheels. If so I suppose the most I'll end up at is 4.5.

Biggest these axles will see are 40's. I swear. :D
yea, that's what Pepe said :p

with your reg cab you should be able to run 37s w/o problems...less weight than the larger Tacos. Past that on yota axles/diffs and you are just asking for carnage.
want 40s? go 1-tons or don't even bother.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You're making me wish I went with all yota parts now.....
Then again I only have $1300 in my hp44

Im definitely watching this swap :xpopcorn:

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
yea, that's what Pepe said :p

with your reg cab you should be able to run 37s w/o problems...less weight than the larger Tacos. Past that on yota axles/diffs and you are just asking for carnage.
want 40s? go 1-tons or don't even bother.
Yeah. Tell that to Jason who's been running 39's for a couple years without problem.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Probably worse. It's not my daily. I'm sure I'm on borrowed time with 39 reds. No ring and pinion breakages just a t case out put. If I can get a away with more than a year or so I'm fine with it. Wish I would have gone tons to begin with though.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Probably worse. It's not my daily. I'm sure I'm on borrowed time withe 39 reds. No ring and pinion breakages just a t case out put. If I can get a away with more than a year or so I'm fine with it. Wish I would have gone tons to begin with though.
looks like you've pretty much stripped the extra weight off that thing as well...makes a big difference. My truck weighs just over 5k# :p
There are a lot of older Yota trucks out there on 40s that get flogged hard...and have little in the way of issues.

how do you like your Spyderlock wheels? so far mine are holding up well.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I had the same issue with my HP 8 and the diamond housing. Kinda panic'd when it happend but I contacted Brian and did some clearancing. So far so good.

Build looks great!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
looks like you've pretty much stripped the extra weight off that thing as well...makes a big difference. My truck weighs just over 5k# :p
There are a lot of older Yota trucks out there on 40s that get flogged hard...and have little in the way of issues.

how do you like your Spyderlock wheels? so far mine are holding up well.
Yea, I'm sitting just shy of 4300 lbs.. Love the spiderlocks, holding up great. Scuba, what are you gonna run for beadlocks? Get rid of that cracked rim!!!!!

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I had the same issue with my HP 8 and the diamond housing. Kinda panic'd when it happend but I contacted Brian and did some clearancing. So far so good.

Build looks great!!
I was a little confused at first. However, since I could see what was happening I just went for it. Brian didn't pick up when I called, anyway.

Yea, I'm sitting just shy of 4300 lbs.. Love the spiderlocks, holding up great. Scuba, what are you gonna run for beadlocks? Get rid of that cracked rim!!!!!
I was around 4200. I'm anxious to see how much it changes when I'm done.

Ugh. I know I need new rims. I'm not sure that I'll go with Beadlocks first off.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
I was a little confused at first. However, since I could see what was happening I just went for it. Brian didn't pick up when I called, anyway.

I was around 4200. I'm anxious to see how much it changes when I'm done.

Ugh. I know I need new rims. I'm not sure that I'll go with Beadlocks first off.
honestly, you only need them for snow :p

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I managed to break Dana 60 parts on a 4k lb truck with 40's and a very tired 22re lol

Trucks gonna be nice when your done!

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
I managed to break Dana 60 parts on a 4k lb truck with 40's and a very tired 22re lol

Trucks gonna be nice when your done!
must be defective parts

:p

21 - 40 of 303 Posts