TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Sean can't make up his mind.

See, what happened was, he took his truck to Superlift and realized he was an absolutely awful driver. So, he put it all back to 2WD stock and started hanging out around junior highs tryin' to pick up some youngins. Then Levi convinced him it was the tires ("Dude, get the effin' Creepies, brah!!!") Now Sean is redoiing it all, putting it back to how he had it before, and he'll be wheelin' in no time!!!

...How much of that do you believe...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Glenifer... I have owned 2 black trucks. 1. 2004 Double cab Tacoma. 2. 1985 Pickup/ truggy.
This what my friend Marshal and I built out of the 85

The Bondo work at its thickest is 1/8".

Thanks Jordan for the further state of confusion Glenifer will remain in. :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Such a beautiful day.... Decided to chop off some IFS. Pile of junk.

Still got some grinding and gonna plate the frame.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Gonna stick to te generic spring hanger at the moment for ease of getting it to be wheeled. Might do something down the road! Just ready to wheel this thing and I've only scratched the surface on getting this thing done!!!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Such a beautiful day.... Decided to chop off some IFS. Pile of junk.
hey how are those upper control arms?? the drivers side to be particular

·
Registered
4,982 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's rolling.... Gotta figure out what to do about the steering shaft. 2wd shaft is different. No weight on the springs, so the shackle angle is off. Possibley pulling a leaf from the pack. Still have to buy metal to plate the frame.
Steering box mount, box moved forward far as I could.

Hole in front clip to clear the box.

Dirty front axle. Got an 85 housing that will be cleaned up, trussed and armored.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Who's hanger? Marlin's came with two small gussets that run from the top of the spring pocket to the body mount pockets. I never used them, as they're for IFS rigs, but may still have them if you need them.

Also, you may want to consider bracing from the hanger back to the frame with a small amount of angle-cut square tube... hope that makes sense... May break out the paint skills in a minute :D

Lookin' good, Sean!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The gussets were talked about today. Being that it is a 2wd, the body mounts are different. So the gussets that came with the kit don't fit. It's a pretty small space and I need access to the body mounts. We'll come up with something creative.

Show me some of those paint skills fool, on the bracing.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts