TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have this problem? my '04 started it with about 7k miles and its driving me crazy. only the drivers side, and it sounds just like a microswitch, but really loud. if i keep tension on the belt, it doesn't do it, but otherwise its a constant clickfest going down the road.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My '01 started doing that around 55k miles. I was able to get the dealer to replace it free of charge so at 7k you should be able to get it resolved easily.

Really loud is the way I would describe it as well, the click it makes just penetrates right through everything else going on in the cab including a turned up radio. Drove me nuts and it took a while to figure out where it was coming from as well.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
you know.. mine did that come to think of it.. drove me nuts for like a month.. took it apart.. nothing looked outta order.. put it back together, and haven't heard a peep from it since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apparently i fixed it. on saturday i squirted some WD40 in there, but for some reason didn't stop clicking until yesterday. not sure what thats all about, but it hasn't done it in 2 days so i'm happy. now i just have an irritating noise from the corner of the dash/door panel to deal with. :confused:

·
Registered
102 Posts
thats funny, i have had that noise, among so damn many other noises, and i thought it was just me going nuts. i am dissapointed by all of the rattling/squeaking these trucks have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts