TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried this to disable the seat belt warning bell on my Tacoma, and it worked. This should work on '08 and '09 Tacomas. Not positive on the other years.

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The seat belt alarm in my Tacoma doesn't even go off when a passenger doesn't have their seatbelt on.

·
Registered
374 Posts
on my 06 theres just a light on the dash that is on, no bell. i almost wish there was a bell, i might wear my seat belt more!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to have an '05 with no bell, but now I have an '09. The '09 has a really annoying bell and the frequency gets faster and faster over time. The modification is a must.

Not that I drive without my seatbelt a whole lot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cool thanks man that thing is friggin annoying. I'm in the process of installing 1990 4 runner bucket seats in mine I hope I put everything back together right and don't get other types of dinging and flashing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks, what a great tip. It worked on my 09. I am so happy because as mentioned it was annoying! And I am a big fan of seat belts. It beeps for about 5 seconds now, then stops, but the light remains blinking. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice mod Cryptotaco, does anyone know how to turn the Passenger Light off. If you have a dog or a bag on the seat the light just keeps blinking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is a little different for the newer but still works, thanks. I read or saw somewhere that the dealership would do it as an option and were charging alot to do it.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
FYI: Those of you with the older trucks (95.5-04), just go under the seat and unplug the plug with 2 little wires that plugs into the seat belt. Then the seat belt light will magically dissapear :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got the buckle off an old taco and left it in the reciever so it thinks its buckled, much easier and fool proof.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an '09 Tacoma and the seat belt buzzer stresses me the hell out. Its like an airplane warning buzzer just gets faster, I wanna smack my passenger sometimess bc they don't realize they need to buckle; thanks for the info tho I'm gonna nip this shit in the bud this afternoon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts