TTORA Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
pAGE 427 of the owners manual for those readers at home :rolleyes:

(a) Driver and front passenger side seat belt buzzers
(1) Turn the ignition switch ON (Procedure A).
(2) Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO".
(3) Turn the ignition switch off.
(4) Turn the ignition switch ON.
(5) Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
(6) Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt.
(7) Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-oFF".
(8) Press the ODO/TRIP switch to change the display to "b-oFF".
(9) Turn the ignition switch off.
(10) Turn the ignition switch ON.
(11) Check that no buzzer sounds when the vehicle speed is 20 km/h (12 mph) or more (Procedure B).

(b) Front passenger side seat belt buzzer
(5) Sit in the front passenger seat. Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
(6) Sit in the front passenger seat. Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the front passenger side seat belt.
(11) Check that no buzzer sounds when the vehicle speed is 20 km/h (12 mph) or more (Procedure B).

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Is there a way to turn it back on if need be?
Yes, simply plug the wires back into the plug.

For whatever reason that didn't work for me. So I opened up the little fuse box under the dash and ripped the buzzer out.

Now I'll have to try to disable that seat belt light. Thanks for the tip, 00regcab.
Not sure if you have a 95.5-04 or an 05+, i would guess early taco since you took note on the tip, but mine didnt have a buzzer at all? just the annoying light.

I disabled the door buzzers by simply unplugging the single wire running to the 'trigger' switch on them. Which can be located behind each kick panel. You really only have to unplug the driver one to get the buzzer to go away. However, i found on my 02 cab that there is a control unit/relay under the dash to allow windows to roll up/down after the ignition has been shut off, but before the door has opened.

If you unplug the door sensors, this relay will stay activated for 30seconds after the ignition has been shut off. I find it handy (personally). But just another tip/fyi for others.

·
Registered
359 Posts
FYI: Those of you with the older trucks (95.5-04), just go under the seat and unplug the plug with 2 little wires that plugs into the seat belt. Then the seat belt light will magically dissapear :p
that's the not the best way to do it. usually the seat belt sensor is interlocked with the air bag. it's my understanding that the air bag wont deploy if the belt is not fastened. maybe you should jumper the 2 wires together so the airbag will always receive the signal that the belt is fastened...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to confirm, this worked on my new 2011 Taco DC. Sweet silence. Now just need to turn off the other warning beeps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is my understanding that if you simply unplug the wires on the older Tacoma's or if you insert a buckle (without belt) then the airbags will deploy and when they deploy without you wearing a belt they can severely hurt or kill you. That is why Toyota designed the airbags to only deploy if the occupant is wearing a seat belt. Just putting it out there.

·
Registered
673 Posts
They will deploy if your not wearing a seat belt! That would be stupid if they didn't!

·
Registered
12 Posts
For reference, my OEM battery died suddenly and this setting went away, the belt warning came back. Getting that back in ASAP.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is my understanding that if you simply unplug the wires on the older Tacoma's or if you insert a buckle (without belt) then the airbags will deploy and when they deploy without you wearing a belt they can severely hurt or kill you. That is why Toyota designed the airbags to only deploy if the occupant is wearing a seat belt. Just putting it out there.
I think it's because of the child seat hazard. That's why old tacos have a switch to turn off the passenger airbag. If I'm not wearing a seatbelt I'd be much happier if the airbag went off than not. The airbag might stop you from going through the windshield.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pAGE 427 of the owners manual for those readers at home :rolleyes:

(a) Driver and front passenger side seat belt buzzers
(5) Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
(6) Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt.

(b) Front passenger side seat belt buzzer
(5) Sit in the front passenger seat. Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
(6) Sit in the front passenger seat. Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the front passenger side seat belt.
any suggestions on how to turn the seat belt beeper off on a 2015 TRD OR

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
The new tacomas you should be able to go to the dealership and have a tech use the scan tool to turn the chime off. You might have to pay but if you lived close to Phoenix, I'd do it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
They will deploy if your not wearing a seat belt! That would be stupid if they didn't!
The timing and intensity of the airbag inflation is based on the assumption that the seatbelt is holding your body back. Modern air bags have multiple inflation speeds, which is done by using 2 explosive charges of different size. The airbag computer can fire one, the other, or both to control how fast and hard the bag inflates.

When you have the seat buckle switch defeated, that's an input to the airbag computer, and it's going to fire the bags based on the assumption that you're buckled. Since you aren't, your chest will already be on the steering wheel and your head in the windshield when the bag goes off full force. That will then throw you back into the seat. Airbags can cause some pretty bad injuries. If the airbag computer got the correct signal from the seatbelt switch so it knew you weren't buckled, it fires the bag sooner and with the light charge. That way at least the airbag won't increase your injuries above what they would have been anyway without you buckled.

Either way, just buckle up. Not only does it improve your chances in a bad wreck, but it keeps you in the seat in a mild one so you're still in a position to control the car if it's still rolling.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts