TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some seat covers from toyota, The TRD ones for the front seats only. And they suck. They make my back sweat and feel like plasticy and don't breath worth shit. How are Wetoakes (sp) I'm looking to get some more neopreme and take my ones back since they said if I wasn't happy with them bring them back. Where is a good place to buy them from? the wetoaks? Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I was debating about a set but I cant deal with a sweaty back. Looks like I need to try for a set of the fabric ones since I would guess that since the wet okoles are also neoprene, they will not breath either. On the other hand, if you were already sweaty the neoprene would keep it from soakin into the seats.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The Wet Okole seat covers are the best. You truly get what you pay for. I just installed a set (front & rear) on my 07. I had a set on my 2000 reg cab and they were indestructible! AND they make the seats more comfortable. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a set of Wet Okoles in my Dodge Dakota and liked them, sort of. The fit was excellent and they looked better than the stock upholstery, but my Rottweiler's toe nails did them in.

I used fake sheepskin from JC Whitney's in my 04 Tacoma and found them to be a great deal for $39.95. When they got dirty, you just threw them in the washer. For some reason JCW no longer carries the cheapo fake sheepskin and I am looking for seat covers for my 07. I like the idea of cheap; abuse it and wash it or throw it away. Unfortunately, I can't find any decent, cheap seat covers.

This brings me back to neoprene seat covers. Performance Products offers seat covers similar to Wet Okole for about $100 less. I think I am going to give them a try. Neoprene stretches quite a bit, so I think the fit should be good no matter who makes them.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have the TRD seat covers and I love them. But to each his own I guess.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Only problem I had with my TRD seat covers was my keys hanging on my belt loop got stuck between the fish net and ripped the fabric. Solved that issue with sheep skins. IMO neoprene is great for a mud truck, but you will most likely sweat in it. I used to dive, and neoprene keeps divers very warm. Can't see it being cool on your sweaty back.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have the Wet Okoles in my truck, and I think they're great. I can see, though, how they'd be a bit sweat-inducing for some people. I don't have any problem with it (not a big "back sweater," I guess... ha), but I've read other people on here mention that this was an issue for them.

I'd recommend getting them straight from the source (www.wetokole.com). Look online to figure out what you want (i.e. colors/patterns), but CALL THE STORE DIRECTLY to place the order. The online order form isn't very user-friendly, plus you can make sure you're ordering what you want by talking to them on the phone.

Good luck,
-Radar

·
Registered
100 Posts
You could try Cabellas.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you can, try Costco or Sam's Club. I've seen sheepskin seat covers in both. They are right about $40 for aset of two. I have one in my Isuzu, and they weork great. They are cheap enough that I can replace them wne they look ratty.

I just ordered a set of custom neoprene covers from Coverking for the Taco. They were cheaper than than Wet Okole's (my first choice). Saving paid for a new tonneau cover. I'll let you know how they work out.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I've not had time to go back to the dealership and return them.. The only reason my back gets hot is due to the 90 degree weather and that I'm going windows down mostly. It's nothing like drenching my back but it does get a tad hot.. But I love the colors of them.. I'm still going to think it over till Monday whether or not to return them + i got them for a pretty good deal. So I'm not sure we'll see.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Personally, I don't like neoprene for my daily driver because it makes me sweat.

So - I ordered a set of custom seat covers from a company called
http://www.rufftuff.com/
They're expensive covers similar to the neoprene's....but you can get them in any possible configuration, covers, material that you want, including neoprene.

The only downside is...they are custom made and a looooong wait. It's been 4 weeks and I'm still waiting for them.

I've never seen these covers in person but got them under the recommendation of a friend at a truck accessories place. Mine should be a dark grey color made of canvas/denim kinda material. When they finally come in - I'll post up info.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how do the wetoaks attach to where your ass in is the seat. I know the trD ones have a peice of PVC you have to push like hell to get into the crack to hold them in there..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine tied under the seat and the backs have a velcro piece that hooks together. I do allot of hunting and water sports so the wetoaks have paid for them self. They make the truck look sharp to.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i cant see dropping that kinda money on neoprene seat covers....Katzkin sells leather for the same price if not cheaper....find some cheap labor.....done.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Super Hides

Marathon makes some good tough seat covers, comfort is a little less, but they are tough and machine washable.
http://www.marathonseatcovers.com
I'll second these.
I just got some of these in the camo cordura for my '95 taco.
They fit great and are supposed to be super durable.
Definitely water proof as I spill coffee and it just runs right off.
I haven't noticed that thEy were hot but I just got them a couple weeks ago. Got them real fast too.
great for the wet labrador too.
Just got here so i thought I'd add my :2cents:.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts