Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guy's recommend.

Spot

·
Registered
338 Posts
Are you asking if there is a seat cover that that is compatible with side seat mounted air bags? I have not seen a taco with side bags as a option, but there is a connection in the wiring harness.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure part of the side bags are in the seats.

Spot

·
Registered
338 Posts
My 06 didn't give me any option for side airbags. Wish it did.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my 06 has the seat airbags, the only covers that I have found are the wet okole, these can be ordered with the slit for airbags. If you dont want to spend that money buy cheap ones from autozone and cut a slit in the side. (I have seen this done but cant vouch for it working if the bags deploy) I just bought the trd covers and put them on mine, I keep my fingers crossed that my air bags dont deploy though... this probably isnt that smart though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Buy them from the dealer

·
Registered
98 Posts
rynosurf said:
Buy them from the dealer
Dealer TRD seat covers are not compatible with side air bags

Wet Okole are the only ones I know of

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the cover kings via costco.

Spot

·
Registered
22 Posts
A little late, but I'm researching this issue now as well. GT Covers and CALTREND Covers make some with velcro flaps...but expensive ($250)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Watch out when you install the seat covers. Don't fasten the hooks close to the center of the seat. The straps that go under the seat can pull on the metal springs and the passenger fasten seatbelt light will stay on and the pass side bag will be enabled, even when there is nobody in the pass seat. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts