TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an '01 SR5 the other day, I'm really liking it so far but the seats do get a bit uncomfortable on long hauls. I'll probablly wind up doing some covers with foam underneath but I was curious if there are any seat swap options out there that aren't too spendy. I'd be interested in both aftermarket options as well as good junkyard finds that would be fairly simple to bolt in, I'd rather stay away from powered ones though as I really don't feel like wiring them and its just more stuff to break.

I searched but mostly just found people having problems with seat swaps or doing powered conversions. I don't know too much about the Toyota world at this point, just curious if there is a simple and/or common swap out there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you got a benchseat, then I totally understand. Start searching for some Tacoma Bucket seats and you'll have yourself a direct bolt-in.
If you already have buckets, I say you have it good. Either way, getting some extra foam and some cheap seatcovers is probably the cheapest solution. If you want something that will last a while, I suggest taking your seats into a custom upholstery shop and have them professionally install some upgraded seatfoam for additional support.
The other thing to think about is that if you get some power Tacoma bucket seats, you already have the pre-wiring under your carpet for power seats, so NO wiring headache for you.
Goodluck!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I dont think there will be any direct bolt in seats. Well aftermarket seats with seat sliders made to fit tacomas will be cool obviously. If you have buckets and want a bench (for some reason lol, or the opposite) I think you may have to drill new holes but thats it. On my pretacoma (last truck) the holes werent drilled, but they were marked with little circles.

Chances are you'll need some drilling and welding to make tabs to fit tacomas. My last truck 3 years back my dad and I put in Kia sedan buckets in. Not too difficult. Got em for 30 bucks.

In my buggy (that I have yet to finish lol) I have Corbeau suspension seats. WAAAYYYY comfortable. I almost fell asleep in one, could have I garentee it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ya'll, I have bucket seats allready. The idea of having an upholstery shop install some more foam is a good one.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I don't know if they're still available, but .... A pair of Celica seats already modded to bolt into a Tacoma were offered recently over at CustomTacos:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74862

This is in the SoCal area, and the seller / offeror said he didn't want to ship them. He originally wanted to trade for OEM Tacoma seats (taking his truck back to stock for sale ...), but he later seemed to indicate he'd sell 'em outright ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
EnolaGaia
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing