TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this and couldn't find anything... hope i'm not the only one with this problem. My seatbelts (passenger and drivers side) do not retract very well. If I kind of force them to retract they will but otherwise they take hours to retract all the way. That means they get shut in the door all the time and just get in the way. I have a 97 reg. cab tacoma... anyone else with this problem or have a fix?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a feeling it was a common problem... it pisses me off though :eek: I will try that and see what happens :D Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
565 Posts
With that mod, your belts will work great for a while, then go back to their old ways :xcrybaby:

I think the only way to really fix the issue would be to widen the slot the belt slides through at shoulder height.

·
Registered
9 Posts
me to on both my '01 tacos. try cleaning the dirt off the plastic piece that the belt slides on above your shoulders--both sides.. that should really help..

·
Registered
205 Posts
DakotaTacoma said:
With that mod, your belts will work great for a while, then go back to their old ways :xcrybaby:

I think the only way to really fix the issue would be to widen the slot the belt slides through at shoulder height.
Tried that. It doesn`t help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
re:

i gotta do this pretty soon. so many times have i walked back to my truck to see half the seatbelt outside of the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts