TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

I am trying to keep my '95 Taco on the road and looking relatively respectable (scratched & dented ... but can still park it in front of the house). After the recall in Ohio ... a minute of silence for all of the crushed Tacos .... all of the junkyard stuff is GONE! Now that I am in Atlanta, I'm trying to become familiar with the "second chance" yards in town ... any one got any leads that may have some Tacos with a bit of "meat on the bone" left?

... hey, maybe that could work as a "Forum" ... "

Just incase anyone is "parting out" ...

Driver Side Front "Below Bumper" Turn Signal Cover
Plastic "Under the bumper thing"
Stock Center Caps
Bed
Tailgate
Tailgate Handle
Pasenger side Door handle
Tan Stock 60/40 seat cover OEM
Rear bumper
"Spare" cable thingy
Tan "Pocket Covers" in Xtra Cab

Thanks,
Texas Steve

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I watched a gears episode about how the cash for clunkers program totally killed the used car market also. There are three pull-a-parts in atlanta, one northside, east, and south. Sadly i'm on the west and am to lazy to wonder over to any of them. Colin will probably know more though, he seems to keep an eye out for parts.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
There are three pull-a-parts in atlanta, one northside, east, and south.
http://pullapart.com/

there's a search option on the website so you can know whats there before you go .... usually if a NEWER model vehicle has been there for more than 3 days, it's probably stripped down to the sheet metal ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Link187,

I live out west too ... Got Cope told me to get in touch with you. I'm off of 5 & 20 in D'Ville ... you out here too?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darcy,

Sweet ... I've been saying all of the 'pick-it-yourself' yards should have been doing the "here's what we got" thing for years! If you see it there ... you're a goin! ... not "man I don't want to gamble today"!

Holy $#!+ that is an awesome website! Year/Make/Model and the date it was set on the yard! ... someone's knows what they are doing! A+++++

Thanks for the "info" ... !

Texas Steve

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Darcy,

Sweet ... I've been saying all of the 'pick-it-yourself' yards should have been doing the "here's what we got" thing for years! If you see it there ... you're a goin! ... not "man I don't want to gamble today"!
Your best bet is to use car-part.com and just call around from that list and find someone who will bargain, dont be afraid to make offers below their asking price.

As far as finding bits and pieces, like the turn signal cover, most yards wont part a signal cover and ruin a good complete bumper doing so, though you may get lucky and find one with a wrecked bumper that has a good signal cover. The trick is you just have to call around and ask. The problem is a lot of places wont go check for a small part like that, they'll just tell you they dont have it.

The solution to that is to keep an eye out for those small parts when youre there purchasing bigger items. Say you find a good bed and go to purchase it, ask to go see the vehicle before buying, and take an opportunity to look at the part you are buying and in/around that vehicle for those small things you need, then ask the guy pulling the bed for you if you can buy/have those parts. They may throw them into the deal or at least inquire with the boss for you.

And CASH talks at junkyards.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
btw - for pullapart, its a $1 to enter the yard

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got Cope?,

Yeah ... I've neer tried "car-part.com" ... but then again I've never been a really big fan of the yards that won't let me roam around in them ... but now that I've checked out the site ... yeah that will do great for the "big stuff"! Thanks!

You and Darcy got all the connections!

Texas Steve

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Link187,

I live out west too ... Got Cope told me to get in touch with you. I'm off of 5 & 20 in D'Ville ... you out here too?

Yeah we call him "C" Christian is his name. Lives down hwy5 near the Dog river. Im James and live between Douglasville and Hiram.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
James A.K.A. "Stomper",

Glad to finaly "chat" with you! I'm just north of 20 on 5 before 78. Gotta meet you ... and "C" ... for a beer or something?!

Texas Steve

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Hey Steve, i'm off of 5 in d-ville. Chris is out here too, but it seems work has found him lately, lucky dog. In the next couple of days i'm down for meeting up for lunch/dinner or just a beer. its always good to stretch the yotas wheels.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
James A.K.A. "Stomper",

Glad to finaly "chat" with you! I'm just north of 20 on 5 before 78. Gotta meet you ... and "C" ... for a beer or something?!

Texas Steve

You in the appts right there?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Hey Steve, i'm off of 5 in d-ville. Chris is out here too, but it seems work has found him lately, lucky dog. In the next couple of days i'm down for meeting up for lunch/dinner or just a beer. its always good to stretch the yotas wheels.
Chris moved to Chatt. I thought you knew that?

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Chris moved to Chatt. I thought you knew that?
i had no idea?! glad he found work though!

btw if you guys are putting together a little meet and greet, let us know we might be up for it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
uwrenchit is another pull a part type place on buford drive...however is you call and ask or even ask at the counter they may tell you they don't have it but do when you go out on the yard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stomper,

Yup ... in the apartments ... it's like going back to live with your parents ... restrictive! Man I miss my garage! Are you north of the tracks?

InformationJunky,

Thanks, I'll have to check them out too ... are you in D'Ville as well?

All,

Got some things to do Saturday ... but if you are interested in grabbing a beverage somewhere that evening, I'd like to meet some of y'all ... anything to get out of the apartment for a while! Wife might try to meet up with us after she gets off work. Any takers? ... suggestions of a good place?

Texas Steve

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
we won't be able to do anything this saturday ... my sister got married a couple weeks back in Fla, and we have to go to the "reception" on saturday night. depends on how late yall stay out though :)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Stomper,

Yup ... in the apartments ... it's like going back to live with your parents ... restrictive! Man I miss my garage! Are you north of the tracks?
Yes I'm north about 10mins.

·
Registered
329 Posts
the pull a parts here are awesome.
lithonia, buford and out by the airport. Searching your vehicle before you go works great.
car-part is what all the junkyards use as their inventory
pull a part will be tha cheapest, and u can get a warranty with parts, i live close to the one in Lithonia

1 - 20 of 20 Posts