TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im heading out to Jtree next week and will be taking my hi-lift. problem is I don't have any way of securing it to my truck (so it doesn't slide around OR so somone doesn't take it). I don't have a bed bar and I can't get it within the week. are there some type of hooks or something htat I can get at home depot. I don't know...I'm open for ideas :confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
two grade 8 bolts through the bed and some wing nuts through the bed would do the trick. :D

ive seen people just mount two plates secured to the bed rail and holding the hi lift from there. you could try that

just make sure you secure it REAL good.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Spenc121886 said:
Im heading out to Jtree next week and will be taking my hi-lift. problem is I don't have any way of securing it to my truck (so it doesn't slide around OR so somone doesn't take it). I don't have a bed bar and I can't get it within the week. are there some type of hooks or something htat I can get at home depot. I don't know...I'm open for ideas :confused:
http://www.hi-lift.com/

·
Registered
168 Posts
Spenc121886 said:
The hi lift 4x4 rac works real well. I bolted it to the floor of the bed and its really stout.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that 4xrac looks real good. except I don't think I'd have enough time to order it and get it installed by saturday. I guess I'll just bust out the bunjee chords and tie downs and see if those will hold it in place for jtree. I should have planned ahead :banghead:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Spenc121886 said:
yeah that 4xrac looks real good. except I don't think I'd have enough time to order it and get it installed by saturday. I guess I'll just bust out the bunjee chords and tie downs and see if those will hold it in place for jtree. I should have planned ahead :banghead:
they carry them at just about any offroad store that i know of, they even had them at tognotties(sp?) a place here in sacramento,

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
mounting solution

I didn't really want to drill my bed and I also needed the jack to fit beneath the tonneau cover without sliding. My easy solution was to cut a 2x6 to match the width of the bed and drop it right into the notches in my bedliner behind the wheel wells, it fit nice and snug, then I drilled two holes and put a couple of stainless bolts through to line up with a couple of holes in the post of the jack. I then put a couple of washers and wing nuts to tighten it down. It won't keep anyone from stealing it but it won't slide around.

Ran out and took some pics, sorry about the size I have no way to link to them at this moment, it is to late to try.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Spenc121886 said:

A realy easy and cheap way to secure a high lift (at least the longer one 60") is what I used to do. I bought 2 big ass turnbuckles from home depot and just hooked each end to the bed tie down loops. I dont know if it would work with a 48" one as you would need a piece of chain or something and I dont know if it would move around. But mine never did.

·
609 Posts
Spenc121886 said:
If you have $20 and a welder here's what I did.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Da Box!

I bought one of those contractor boxes for my taco and man! what a great buy! First off, I can secure my Hi-lift jack from theves, weather, my brother(long story involving my neighbors mini-van), But it is like a trunk for your truck! so no longer does the usual throw on the floor semi-usefull crap have to end up on your floor, but now out of the way, safe and sound in your box. Dee-Zee Makes the best I have seen, and theirs has wheel well cut-outs (Buy a standard one and try to fit it) Any who, that is what I did, and it is the best mod I have done to my truck for under 300 bucks!

-Dennis Stiles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
BadJammer
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing