·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where I can get a part to hold an intake cone from flopping

·
Registered
670 Posts
Do you have an Aftermarket Intake System??

·
Registered
670 Posts
AHHH Yes of course, those wonderful Zip Ties......but what about the duct tape????

·
Registered
670 Posts
You just have a Cone Filter?? Hmm You could probably fab up a bracket:welder: for it out of aluminum, What motor do you have??

·
Registered
670 Posts
2.7L, same motor i have. Hmmmm, I would almost have to see what your working with to give you ideas on what to do, can you post some pics?? I have an AEM Short Ram on my truck, and when i did my body lift, i had to cut down, machine and finagle the original mounting bracket to get it to work.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol i just bought some longer zipties... :p works like a charm...i saw this nice piece that my friend got from downey and it works great but they want 60 bucks i think just for that piece...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Zip Ties Cure Everything... But what about the duct tape????!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
JBradley007 said:
anyone know where I can get a part to hold an intake cone from flopping
Make a bracket that will support it. Attach it to the engine block. There should be some threaded holes that are not being used or run it off one of the accessory bracket mounts. Run the support bracket out to the tube and attach it to the tube with a large hose clamp. You may have to twist the bracket 90* to be able to attach it to the tube.

You do not want to wire tie it to the truck body. You do not want it attached to the truck body. If you do, when the engine shifts in its mounts under acceleration it will rip things apart. That is what happened to me mine with that POS FIPK. It ripped a large hole in the sheet metal of my inner fender wall.

Gadget

1 - 11 of 11 Posts