TTORA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be up near sedona, AZ this saturday, is there any cool trails up there or is it all run by the pink jeep ****,err i mean pink jeep tours? i wanted to test out my runner with the new lift, and a buddy with his lifted '07 taco will be with me also.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
You can run Broken Arrow (which the pink jeeps run too). It's super scenic and easily accessed. Just be respectful of the Pink Jeeps as they are trying to make a buck (some of them are cranky a-holers). Oak Creek Trail south of town (which the Hummer tours do) is another nice trail although not as scenic and can be hard to find if you not familiar with the area.

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
Broken Arrow is nice as said above! Really, really pretty at the end. #1 suggestion for sure.

Boynton Pass Trail and the Honanki ruins are nice to see. Easy trail and the short hike ot the ruins is worth it.

Bill Gray - Buckboard Road/Sugarload Mtn, easy but a lot of ecosystems and views and eventually you end up near Tuzgoot.

I think Schnebly Hill Road is the one that runs more or less and up into the forest. Very nice.

A lot of pretty easy trails but the views are fantastic!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm trying to remember all the trails I went on when I was there in October. I took my prerunner on everything and had a blast, some trails where harder than othes, but I made it through a lot of stuff. I'll post the trails I went on when I get home tonight.

Rock Crawling w/ a Prerunner = FUN!!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Broken Arrow is nice as said above! Really, really pretty at the end. #1 suggestion for sure.
Boynton Pass Trail and the Honanki ruins are nice to see. Easy trail and the short hike ot the ruins is worth it.
Bill Gray - Buckboard Road/Sugarload Mtn, easy but a lot of ecosystems and views and eventually you end up near Tuzgoot.
I think Schnebly Hill Road is the one that runs more or less and up into the forest. Very nice.
A lot of pretty easy trails but the views are fantastic!!!

All of the above plus here is Farrabees web page
you can look up their recommendations for nearby trails
http://www.sedonajeeprentals.com/trails.htm
I was there a year ago last summer and didn't have my Tacoma with me
they were really helpful and rented me a Jeep
rent & watch the old movie "Johnny Guitar"
The mesa's in the background were shot in Sedona
The scenery was awesome

·
Registered
195 Posts
I personally like Schnebly Hill Rd, but I like forest better than desert. Can't argue with Sedona's views, though

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
broken arrrow and soilder pass are the runs i did soilder pass was pretty short but fun none the less

and broken arrow was a hoot trying to drive back up the devils staircase (dont recomend it very dangerous and the pink jeep guys get aungery) the slide was lots of fun too i managed to drive up it in a jeep when it was wet but with a locked taco (same tires dry conditions) i wasnt able too... in fact the people at the pink jeep tours were cheering me on trying to make it up the slide! so they arnt all bad

defenitly some good senery and at the end of broken arrow is a great place to take a photoshot so remember to bring your camera

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Here an image for you.
If they gave me any shit, I'd tell the pink jeep ****** to go fuck himself and just how big of a *** and mall running POS he is while I pissed on his tires. I would show him what angy really is. Maybe the scene would detract from the tip they expect at the end of the ride from the yuppified tourist sows they haul around. LOL

If they kept it buttoned up then I would be a nice guy, smile and nod.

While in Sedona, do your part to clean up the neighborhood and run down at least one vortex freak before leaving town. If you get them on the bridge, you score double points.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Here an image for you.
If they gave me any shit, I'd tell the pink jeep ****** to go fuck himself and just how big of a *** and mall running POS he is while I pissed on his tires. I would show him what angy really is. Maybe the scene would detract from the tip they expect at the end of the ride from the yuppified tourist sows they haul around. LOL

If they kept it buttoned up then I would be a nice guy, smile and nod.

While in Sedona, do your part to clean up the neighborhood and run down at least one vortex freak before leaving town. If you get them on the bridge, you score double points.
:lmao:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i came down into sedona on shenbly hill rd. it was snowing on top, enough to cover the ground. got lunch in town and went and did broken arrow. i think i drove up the slide cause all the tourist in the pink jeep things were freaking out and taking pics and vids. i messed around on the crack also, pretty cool area, would be better if more open rocks. wanted to try to go up the stair case but way too much traffic.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
well i came down into sedona on shenbly hill rd. it was snowing on top, enough to cover the ground. got lunch in town and went and did broken arrow. i think i drove up the slide cause all the tourist in the pink jeep things were freaking out and taking pics and vids. i messed around on the crack also, pretty cool area, would be better if more open rocks. wanted to try to go up the stair case but way too much traffic.
Pics?????

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks ill try it next time. before we went to sedona i went and checked out my campsite on back of hutch mountain. its a really cool place, really hidden, the rangers have it fenced off to keep cattle out but i know where the gate is (kinda hidden). the campsite is 7950ft elv. and there was fresh snow on the ground there also, so amping over holiday weekend could be interresting!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts