TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin at getting the all-pro 5" lift springs for the rear and the 3" lift coils for the front and using the procomp 2 1/2" spacers for the coils to level the truck out hopefully with 5" lift. Was wondering if anybody sees any problem with running this on my truck? :confused:

· Retired
6,388 Posts
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/wiki/index.php/Understanding_Front_Tacoma_Lifts

"It is important to note that a control arm type lift should not be used to lift the front of the truck more than 2.5", with 3" being the absolute max, despite the claim by some adjustable coilovers as being 3.5" coilovers. As once explained to me many years ago by David, of Cornbred/Cornfed fame, it is possible to lift the front by 3.5", however, it is strongly recommended that it not be lifted more than 2.5", with 3" being the absolute max, so as to avoid the added stress placed on the CV boots and axles, the ball joints (especially the upper ball joint), the tie rod ends and possibly even the rack and pinion steering. This added stress is caused by the increased angle placed on these components from the lift."

· Registered
1,863 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
Just get some adjustable coil overs and Upper control arms....some rear leaf springs and a 2" body lift. Im pretty sure that the setup your suggesting will not work. 2.5" from the coil overs and 2" of body lift will get the height you are looking for.
X2 ;) Works great for me....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.