Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED

The rig really needs to go. New upgrades include;

Trailgear hy-steer

New front suspension:
Trail Gear shock hoops w/12" Bilsteins
Toyota pickup rear leaf springs up front (moved front axle forward 2")
Budbuilt banana shackles

Needs a new front driveshaft

Reduced price of $2000 firm.

It's a bargain. Email below is still current, serious inquiries only please.

I'll get some updated pictures up soon.

For Sale:

1985 Toyota 4runner
163,067 miles
Solid front axle
Rebuilt 22re w/ W56 5 speed tranny swap
4:30 gears w/ Lockright locker in rear
3” Rancho springs up front w/ RS9k shocks
Chevy spring swap in rear with dual shackles and RS9k shocks
Stock steering (w/ spare j-arm)
New 15x8 “soft 8” black steel wheels w/ 33x12.50 Trxus MTs
New 32x11.50 MT spare on 15x8 black steel wheel
ARB Safari Snorkel
ARB hubs
Exide Orbital deep cycle battery
Bigrocks Offroad Front and rear bumpers
Custom sliders
CBR Offroad tire carrier
HF 8000# winch
Hella aux lights
4crawler headlight wiring harness upgrade
“The Source” CO2 tank
Hi-Lift jack
Aftermarket CD stereo and speakers
Cobra CB radio
Summit Racing Digital engine guage (oil pressure, temp, voltage)
Rear axle recently rebuilt with new wheel bearings, seals and brakes
ECU relocated to the glovebox
Hand throttle
Power rear window works great
Tinted windows

I do not use it as a daily driver, but I have driven it to work a few times with no problems (Orange Park to downtown Jacksonville).

The body has various dents and there’s some spot rust here and there, but it still cleans up nice.

I’m selling it because I don’t wheel it enough anymore and I’m getting into a new hobby that costs just as much as this one!

Asking $4500 OBO

email: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Man, first Fred then Neil and now you.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
MAN!!!! I gotta win the lotto so I can buy everones rigs!!! :D Sorry to see this going down Brian. :(

·
Registered
103 Posts
DAMN, everyones getting rid of their rides! Not going to have anyone to wheel with if yall keep this up!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Are you willing to seperate with the winch and the CO2 Source air system? If so let me know b/c those are things that I would buy. Also if you have any other goodies that you are not going to need that you think that I could use just post them up and maybe I could help fund this new mysterious hoppy.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Clemsontoy said:
DAMN, everyones getting rid of their rides! Not going to have anyone to wheel with if yall keep this up!!
Not like you go wheeling any ways, LOL .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, yes, I work too freakin much on the weekends. Plus it was my daily driver and I did not want to do any damage to it. Now that it is no longer my dd, it will sit for a while in SC, while I save some money, buy a house, get it back to FL, then begin to work on it! :D This is the plan at least.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
85sfarunner said:
Yeah, I visited a couple of offroad tracks and I'm hooked again.
Man it isn't the same and as you know it cost you close to the amount $$$. I've been down that road and it isnt' worth it. I also been down the paint ball and Mustang drag racing road before too, none of them were as fun as out crawling over some rocks and deep water crossings.

If I had the room and didn't have go Az I'd buy your Runner and sell my Frontier. Good Luck and I really hope you keep it!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
usmcracing said:
Man it isn't the same and as you know it cost you close to the amount $$$. I've been down that road and it isnt' worth it. I also been down the paint ball and Mustang drag racing road before too, none of them were as fun as out crawling over some rocks and deep water crossings.

If I had the room and didn't have go Az I'd buy your Runner and sell my Frontier. Good Luck and I really hope you keep it!
You're probably right Steven, but my mind is made up. I'll quess I might have to learn the hard way. If it doesn't work out then I'll just buy another truck, it's just money, lol. ;)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
PM sent Brian...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
85sfarunner said:
You're probably right Steven, but my mind is made up. I'll quess I might have to learn the hard way. If it doesn't work out then I'll just buy another truck, it's just money, lol. ;)

You need another Taco DD/Light Trail rig. Sell the Camry too :p

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Dude!?! What have you been smoking??? $2k!?! You might as well park it on the north side with the windows down and the key in the ignition! If I can ship it for a grand I will buy it!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
everyone needs to pitch in and help fix up my cruiser. I can hold 5 guys plus camping gear... even more when the roof rack is done! Then you all can have your hobby and help fund mine too!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts