TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what people think about this Truck? Would you buy one if they came out? If you haven't seen it yet check it out at www.trdusa.com/features_tacoma.cfm

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
That is a sweet concept. But the cost on that thing would be out ragous. All it is probably set up more for rally and Baja then small trails and rocks. Hell I barely fit now on some trails and that one is tracking 7 inches wider.:eek:

Sweet looking though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Its Toyota's response to that Ford Raptor

Its a nice idea, but wont make it to market with this economy....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a sweet concept. But the cost on that thing would be out ragous. All it is probably set up more for rally and Baja then small trails and rocks. Hell I barely fit now on some trails and that one is tracking 7 inches wider.:eek:

Sweet looking though.

X2
scratched mine pretty good last weekend

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Its Toyota's response to that Ford Raptor

Its a nice idea, but wont make it to market with this economy....
IDK - the Raptor was the only SVO vehicle to survive the cuts. I bet every flatbiller shoots a load in their pants just seeing a picture of one.

·
Registered
434 Posts
yea, that truck looks setup for baja. i mean independent rear suspension? that's wacky. looks like a lot of travel tho. definitely desert/baja setup there, not designed for colorado trails.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
This was in petersons months ago.

I'm diggin the wheels though!

Long travel IFS offers more travel than traditional ifs (Not up to par with solid axle), yet still offers the best driveability on the street. If i wasn't more into big rocks then id go long travel ifs for sure.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
yeah but with long travel comes wider track unless you have a small center diff. So the width would be an issue. If IFS and IRS could handle more without a fortune put into them they would do great for our scale of Off Roading. But not for big rocks!

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Travel is overrated, no need for more than LT will give ya - especially trails you're willing to do with a brand new, probably expensive truck.

The extra width adds a lot of stability, but you're right - extra width on an 05+ could be a challenge on some of the tighter trails!

Besides, I bet it's still narrower than devinsixtysevin!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts