TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently, I've noticed a lot of consternation resulting from differing terms for suspensions components, namely the spacer, the diff drop, and the drop bracket. These are the ways that these terms have historically been applied on TTORA message boards:

Spacer - "Spacer" installed on above coil or strut that provides lift by preloading the coil. (Examples: Cornfed, Revtech, ProTech, Daystar, etc)

Diff Drop - "Spacer" installed above the front diff to decrease CV angles. Diff drops do not provide lift, they only lower the diff to level out the CV. (e.g. Cornfed, Total Chaos, and stack of washers)

Drop Bracket - Lift kit that provides lift with new crossmembers ("spacers")that relocate the front diff, lower a-arms, etc. These lifts often use "spacers" on the struts and sway bars to make up the difference in height cause by the relocation (e.g. Pro Comp 4", Tuff Country 5", Fabtech 6", etc)

Please adopt and use these definitions as we are but simple offroaders and get confused easily. :)

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
elgecko said:
Please adopt and use these definitions of these terms as we are but simple offroaders and get confused easily. :)
LOL! You beat me to it, damnit. :) Kinda funny how it was rarely an issue on the old board, but as soon as this board got up and running "a spacer is a spacer is a spacer"...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
synovus said:
LOL! You beat me to it, damnit. :) Kinda funny how it was rarely an issue on the old board, but as soon as this board got up and running "a spacer is a spacer is a spacer"...
Heck, it's even happening on the Cali board :eek:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
synovus said:
It also appears lately that I retired my "Will 265/75/16's Fit?" page a little early.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Boheefus
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing