TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what can I say about the wheeling this past weekend other that it was awesome. The weather was great and the trails were awesome. There were a total of 4 rigs and we covered a good bit of ground. Bill Moore ended up running with us in his early Bronco and showed us some new terrain. Andy brought out his 4 Runner and beat on it good, Chris brought his two kids and his buddy Ricky, who took about 700 pictures :cool: Couple of the trails that we ran that I can remember off the top of my head were: CV, Cememtary, Yellow Jacket Ridge, Snake Bite, 20 and a number of others, but that is what I remember at the moment.

Overall my 4 Runner did awesome, the only issue I had was an intermittent engine runability issue. It would bog down and seem like it was running on two cyclinders and spit and sputter while crawling. I need to pull the plugs and see what they look like and change the oil too. There may be a sensor messed up or a vaccum leak. The odd part was that when running down the access roads at a decent speed, there was no problem and at other times while crawling it wasn't there either. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be related to my elocker wireing harness and relays which are right next to my computer in teh glove box, since when the locker was turned off, I didn't have the issues, but if I turned it on I would get some of the symptoms.

I am sure that Chris will post up a link to the photos at some point.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It was I good day for wheeling. One of the best times I have had so far. I got a disk from Ricky my comp at home is being a POS but I will get some pic's up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Cleaned and inspected my ride. Broke 2 studs on passenger side steering knuckle and my front diff armor needs some welding.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like it is time for some ARP studs.

I still need to clean mine up, but it looks like the rear diff is leaking where it meets the housing and the front output shaft on my t-case has a small leak. Also looks like from twisting up the rear axle with the larger rocks this time, I need to clearance the horse collar since it and my driveshaft are nice and shiny where they met repeatedly :D

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who sell's these ARP studs you speak of?
Front Range Offroad sells them, Trail Gear also has a version that are similar.

http://frontrangeoffroadfab.com/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=44&osCsid=aed0369d8238e23e7c3a688a72d3e660

http://www.trail-gear.com/knuckle-service

I have a set of ARPs installed in the knuckles that I am putting on my FJ60 axle that I am building. When you install them, just be carefull not to gaul the threads and use red locktite to hold them in the knuckles.

I wouldn't mind a copy of the CD with pictures.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
whatever works best for you. Ill pay shipping but whatever works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
jamarquardt22
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing