TTORA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
i like them, is that the final decision or just an idea? will hoodies be the same?
nothing is ever final around here. :p hoodies would be the same, i just had the tshirt background thing handy.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i like it. but i would be open to other designs as well.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
The trucks look hokey. I wouldn't get one with that design....

with that being said, I have nothing of my own to offer, so my opinion probably doesn't weigh much.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Infinitely no to that design. IMO it just looks tacky. I'll work on something in my free time.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The trucks look hokey. I wouldn't get one with that design....

with that being said, I have nothing of my own to offer, so my opinion probably doesn't weigh much.
Infinitely no to that design. IMO it just looks tacky. I'll work on something in my free time.
Jeez, tough crowd! I liked the design.

There was an old Warn ad from the late 80's or early 90's that went something like "Paved Roads: Another Form of Needless Government Spending". I've always like the slogan and it seems very relevant today. Not sure about copyright laws, but maybe we could incorporate that slogan into the shirts.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
i'm open to doing whatever kind of design ...i just need the ideas. its hard to come up with something that appeals to everyone! Any ideas are welcome, just let me know (its not like i have anything better to do!)

::And note:: for you guys that don't like the black shirts, the shirt could be any color under the sun .. don't let that deter you from the actual "design"

This isn't any kind of "event" shirt .. its not something that you HAVE to get, just an option for those who would WANT one ...

we're just looking for a little change. I love the Pirate4x4 hoodies we have, but i'd like it even more to have a TTORA one since that is more of our "home" than PBB.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
There was an old Warn ad from the late 80's or early 90's that went something like "Paved Roads: Another Form of Needless Government Spending". I've always like the slogan and it seems very relevant today. Not sure about copyright laws, but maybe we could incorporate that slogan into the shirts.
i like that! i'm not sure about copyright laws either, but its not like we're mass producing this to make a profit ... unless someone reports us to WARN, i bet it would be fine ;)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yeah that slogan sounds cool. Those shirts look alright, but not amazing. i would still buy one though. i'm still kind of partial to the convoy shot, but there is a problem with not getting everyone in and people getting upset. that being said maybe it would be cool to take a vote for the 2 best looking 4runners and 2 best looking pickups/tacos to put on the shirt and have each one of those vehicles in an action shot around like 4 corners of the shirt and have a big outdoor scenic / ttora something in the middle. that could be cool. just an idea if nobody would get their feelings hurt.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
A convoy shot would be nearly impossible. By the time it was compressed enough to fit on a shirt the trucks would have no detail.

and with a general logo like Darcy has created no one gets butthurt over whos truck made the photo.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
i dont see whats wrong with that shirt,looks good to me. I wouldnt want the black and red/white colors again tho.. I'd like to see just some neutral colors, like army camo colors or something.
I will see what I can come up with ...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
REALLY?!?! LOL. Man that was a long time ago. Oh how far we've come.

·
Registered
435 Posts
REALLY?!?! LOL. Man that was a long time ago. Oh how far we've come.
I just couldn't pass it up :D

Close to finishing up some major house-remodeling. I should get some wrench time in on the Runner here soon.

How is your trail rig? I don't think I've seen any updates on it.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
i dont see whats wrong with that shirt,looks good to me. I wouldnt want the black and red/white colors again tho.. I'd like to see just some neutral colors, like army camo colors or something.
don't hold me accountable if we can't get a shirt in this exact color ... remember, we're still talking about DESIGN, color is an after thought...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
A convoy shot would be nearly impossible. By the time it was compressed enough to fit on a shirt the trucks would have no detail.

and with a general logo like Darcy has created no one gets butthurt over whos truck made the photo.
new top 10 word there, never heard that. but i do agree the convoy shot doesn't sound like a good idea anymore. then my vote is for Darcy's design. cool and not over-done. i like that camo color too, just putting that out there.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Before we start printing any designs, have a look at my design.

Closer shot

I don't care if anyone gets "butthurt". :flipoff4:

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Save that, and it could be the next SETO shirt.

The idea for this round of shirts is for us to come up with a SETTORA logo. Not to showcase one or two of the coolest trucks. These SETTORA shirts and hoodies are going to be bought by people in all of the SE states.

In other words we're trying to come up with a logo, not a picture. Something that identifies all of the southeast chapters.

Let me give some of you slow folks an idea of what constitutes a logo :p

Your logo is welcome to have a truck in it, but by the time its compressed onto a tshirt it wont show much detail. Rigs will come and go, my truck wont even be around forever, but logo's tend to last.

And FWIW the fewer the colors to get the point across the cheaper the shirt, sticker, etc.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Before we start printing any designs, have a look at my design.

I don't care if anyone gets "butthurt". :flipoff4:
i like the shot of the truck ... but i think it's too many colors/shades to do on a normal screen print style shirt... there are more than 10 shades there, and each color of ink adds extra $$$$ ! plus the blues/greys dont really mesh well with the green shirt :2cents: email me the file (if you want) and i can play around with the colors. i'd def. say save the design concept for a possible seto shirt like colin said. my only other commentary is that it could use a bit more "TTORA" on the back. it says it on the front, but no one else would know what TTORA stands for by just looking at it.

it doesnt really capture the "southeast chapter" thing we were looking for. what program did you use to make the artwork?

41 - 60 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.