Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am so there again..........this time with my truck LOL
Cool that makes 2 of us. fyi we won't be taking trail 1 at 2am this time I already cofirmed other route on gps;-)

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Dates have been changed again due to another event already been scheduled. Now Oct 17,18, and 19th

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
no prob just didn't want you all showing up on the wrong weekend.;)
Although the Dixie Run is the original weekend so you atleast wouldn't have been alone.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think I can make it, I will know better once summer semester has started but it looks like I can go if I can afford the gas.

by the way what was the problem with terrys truck, I never heard what it was, and I hope he can make it.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
I need to go wheeling damn it. I am going to try to make it to this.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to go wheeling damn it. I am going to try to make it to this.
That would be very cool to have a few more from OH this year.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how long of a drive was that last year joe? and what days r you going for drive thursday wheel friday and sat drive home sunday?
Something like that I got plenty vac time so pretty much whatever works for the rest of you.Not sure on time 10 or 11 hrs maybe? We got lost a few times and Terry with trailer on trail 1 at 2am not good.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
how long of a drive was that last year joe? and what days r you going for drive thursday wheel friday and sat drive home sunday?

are you asking how long it took us to get there or how long it should have taken???

you see we took some bad directions from mapquest.............got lost about 50 times (well we wern't actually lost we just thought we were).......almost got raped by drunk hillbilly's..........ended up wheeling Terry's ford over one of the trails of tellico with the taco in tow........got stuck.........met more drunk hillbilly's..........offloaded the taco.........I drove it around the mountain at not safe for conditions speeds........Looking back it is fucking hillarious........at the time it blew goats.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Something like that I got plenty vac time so pretty much whatever works for the rest of you.Not sure on time 10 or 11 hrs maybe? We got lost a few times and Terry with trailer on trail 1 at 2am not good.

I believe it took you and I 11 hours to get home (to your house.....I was 4 hours from home still).........but if you remember we covered alot of Tn and Ky at not so legal speeds so I am betting you are looking at 12-13 hours especially with tow rigs in the mountains.

would like to go thurs and come home monday..........wheel fri and sat and explore on sunday..........gotta go get some more IceCream and Joe needs a SlimJim:D

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
would like to go thurs and come home monday..........wheel fri and sat and explore on sunday..........gotta go get some more IceCream and Joe needs a SlimJim:D
that plan works for me, you guys should think about making the trip up to Fontana Dam or even Hiawassee Dam Sunday, just amazing scenary

Hiawassee is pretty much on the way out and is the smaller of the 2, Fontana is huge and a bit of a drive, but the scenary along the way makes the drive simply awesome

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
My vacation is limited, so I would be driving down Thursday after work and driving back home Sunday. Wheeling Friday and Saturday. I need to see what is going on with this current project at work. It looks like the startup is the first couple weeks of October. So they may not let me take vacation at all.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts