TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why not get an early start?

SETO has been on Labor Day for 5 years now, mainly to give an extra travel day for our long haulers. And I find on a Holiday weekend it tends to be easier to ask for a day off on the front side too.

But, we've heard from enough people in the past that they would be interested in having SETO in cooler temps, so who likes the idea of moving it to some time in October? Who likes having it on a long weekend? Ie keep it Labor Day.

Just judging interest before we forget to judge interest.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Late September at the earliest. There's a couple special events around Halloween and early November for me at least, so early October could work well. As far as holidays go, why not Thanksgiving weekend? :D Colder weather means better campfire convos since everyone is as close as possible. ha

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
6 of one, half dozen of the other.

I would like it to be later in the year, but Harlan is always the end of Oct. If you have SETO at the beginning, it might make it tougher on people to come to both $$. What about late February? There is never really anything going on then wheeling wise....

But Im down for what ever. If I know soon enough, I can plan around it.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I like it whenever it is, cooler weather is always better as far as I am concerned. Regardless I will keep attending. I wish we could find a location we could get back to more of an event, rather than just a show up and wheel type of feel, but maybe thats just me.

Like I said, Im interested in changes, but will likely be there no matter what.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
I wish we could find a location we could get back to more of an event, rather than just a show up and wheel type of feel, but maybe thats just me.
Its not just you :) we are hoping to make that happen if we can.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it whenever it is, cooler weather is always better as far as I am concerned. Regardless I will keep attending. I wish we could find a location we could get back to more of an event, rather than just a show up and wheel type of feel, but maybe thats just me.

Like I said, Im interested in changes, but will likely be there no matter what.
Well seems Nicole understood what you meant but I'm a little confused. Im slow like that. Care to elaborate on "more of an event"? What aspects of an event are you meaning? Ie organized trail rides etc?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I like labor day weekend. I will be real honest.....i don't wheel October 1 to Jan 1....those three months if i'm not working I'm hunting.

Later in September would be fine....but if it gets into October i am really likely to be out.

As for "more of an event".....i see no need.....too much structure leads to less fun imo.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
I loved Tracy City bc we had a central gathering place (pavilion), we did the dinner, and being self contained really forced everyone to interact, meet new people, an overall feeling of togetherness... In contrast to windrock where everyone does their own thing, just happening to be there at the same time as other toyotas.

No other structure, it's just nice to promote the "getting to know you" part of the event

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like labor day weekend. I will be real honest.....i don't wheel October 1 to Jan 1....those three months if i'm not working I'm hunting.

Later in September would be fine....but if it gets into October i am really likely to be out.

As for "more of an event".....i see no need.....too much structure leads to less fun imo.
You came to SETO4 at Tellico in October. What gives? :p

Or did you?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cooler temps are great, just don't make it opening weekend of deer gun season :D
That could be an issue huh? I think SETO4 was opening day and my buddy shot a 9 point in my spot :rolleyes: oh well. Yeah I'll try not to do that again.

So no Halloween, no opening day, not much of October left to work with :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Well seems Nicole understood what you meant but I'm a little confused. Im slow like that. Care to elaborate on "more of an event"? What aspects of an event are you meaning? Ie organized trail rides etc?

I loved Tracy City bc we had a central gathering place (pavilion), we did the dinner, and being self contained really forced everyone to interact, meet new people, an overall feeling of togetherness... In contrast to windrock where everyone does their own thing, just happening to be there at the same time as other toyotas.

No other structure, it's just nice to promote the "getting to know you" part of the event
She nailed it again Boss.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
You came to SETO4 at Tellico in October. What gives? :p

Or did you?

Yea, was there i think lol.

Tracy city was cool and all.....but i absolutely hated having to sit around waiting on a guide to take you somewhere. The blew. Give me a map and some people to wheel with and let me go :)

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
I agree that was usually a cluster, but TC was unique in that aspect. There are few other places where that would be an issue. And we do thank the DamnLocals for donating their time :) But yes, that's my least fav part of those past events...!

Thanks for all the constructive suggestions ... Keep it going!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I've always been a huge cold weather / winter fan. So anything later is fine with me. We usually don't stay the whole thursday night till sunday night to begin with anyway (usually just 1 sometimes 2 nights). Having said that, the time of the year really doesn't bother us. Labor day makes a lot of sense because of the long weekend, but we honestly woudln't care if it moved or not. Just glad to hear that there's going to be a SETO X

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
What about maybe in March? The evenings can still be pretty cool and possibly comfortable days. Just kicking around ideas. I'm with Thad and Todd about hunting season/college football.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
A large number of the longer distance travellers have annual stuff in February and early April ... The plan is to stick with a early/mid fall or early winter date.

IMO crisp fall weather is a lot easier to handle than possible early spring where snow could still be on the ground!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
A large number of the longer distance travellers have annual stuff in February and early April ... The plan is to stick with a early/mid fall or early winter date.

IMO crisp fall weather is a lot easier to handle than possible early spring where snow could still be on the ground!

Whats wrong with snow? :)

1 - 20 of 168 Posts