TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 168 Posts

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Whats wrong with snow? :)
What's wrong with 100* weather? I was thinking we should just have it in July :D (few years it was June at Tellico, IRRC)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
What's wrong with 100* weather? I was thinking we should just have it in July :D (few years it was June at Tellico, IRRC)

I say we take it back to Tellico... F the tree huggin Hippies....

I like cold weather because my 4runner has Heat, but no AC... same with my Dodge.. :(

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm glad the 3rd gen has AC unlike the 88.

To go along with Rocko's comments, I'm still just meeting some people for the first time and actually talked with some people that surprisingly knew who I was when I was sure most people didn't know me. Now I know, most of that is my fault for being gone for so long and not being able to camp out that weekend. But we'd really like to have that "big group" feel once you get back to camp again like the first SETO we attended. In our defense we do plan on being around more when the new house and work allows.

Beginning wheeling (was still in school): Have Time, Have Energy. Do Not Have Money
Now (No school, working): Have Energy, Have Money. Do Not Have Time :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I like the labor day weekend cause of the extra day, then throw a vacation day at it and it's a mini vacation.... but, I like the cooler weather much'o betta.

Just schedule cooler weather on labor day! Fixed.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
ha! i wish! maybe we just need to either head further NORTH or further into the mountains to find that cooler weather!

I really am a fan of Labor day - i think that is one of the reasons we have so many folks come from these further locations... and we really really like that aspect of it!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I like the labor day weekend cause of the extra day, then throw a vacation day at it and it's a mini vacation.... but, I like the cooler weather much'o betta.

Just schedule cooler weather on labor day! Fixed.

This.

Moving it more north would be sweet also:p

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
584 Posts
IM down for whatever. Moving locations should be ok as long as I can borrow tow rig and trailer from the fam or local friends. Labor day is handy however my anniversary is around that and there are just some years im not going to be able to make this trip happen, so really, later in September / early October would work for me. I don't keep the regular doors on my rig so heat / AC don't really come into play unless we are talking dead of winter wheeling.

You all do a great job keeping us up to date and organizing these. If ever I can be of assistance with SETO or anything else for that matter please let me know... im just up I75 a little ways.

·
4,068 Posts
I really am a fan of Labor day - i think that is one of the reasons we have so many folks come from these further locations... and we really really like that aspect of it!
The extra day helps us Yankees up north get down there :D

I loved Tracy City bc we had a central gathering place (pavilion), we did the dinner, and being self contained really forced everyone to interact, meet new people, an overall feeling of togetherness... In contrast to windrock where everyone does their own thing, just happening to be there at the same time as other toyotas.

No other structure, it's just nice to promote the "getting to know you" part of the event
^^^This times 1,000,000. I come for the wheeling but like meeting actual faces to put with screen names.

·
Registered
726 Posts
IM down for whatever. Moving locations should be ok as long as I can borrow tow rig and trailer from the fam or local friends. Labor day is handy however my anniversary is around that and there are just some years im not going to be able to make this trip happen, so really, later in September / early October would work for me. I don't keep the regular doors on my rig so heat / AC don't really come into play unless we are talking dead of winter wheeling.

You all do a great job keeping us up to date and organizing these. If ever I can be of assistance with SETO or anything else for that matter please let me know... im just up I75 a little ways.
Seto is my annivery I guess I am just lucky my wife suggest seto for our get away lol

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Seto is my annivery I guess I am just lucky my wife suggest seto for our get away lol
As for locations, I suggest harlen..

Yes and yes! btw - this will be the year of the babies at SETO10 ... I'm pretty sure we will be traveling "with babysitters" so yall better come with kids in tow :) :lmao:

21 - 40 of 168 Posts