141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I like it just the way it is.

Show up, hangout, wheel.

What else do you really need?

Just a thought here:

I am really certain that putting on a big event with sponsors, food, guided rides, ect, ect is a shit ton of work. How many of you complaining that that is what you want would be willing to volunteer your time and possibly your own $$ to make it happened then actually follow through? My bet is not many. Most people around here can't even be bothered to drive a couple extra hours to a better park for the event...let alone work hard to put it together.

I am not willing to do it....but i am not calling for it either.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
I'll be honest in saying I was a little upset that this year was a little light on the excitement... but I was super pregnant and then we had our hands full with the new little guy so time really wasnt available like in years past to get things together.

Also, its getting harder and harder to get sponsors on board as in years past. There literally is some kind of event going on almost every weekend here in the SE now, and because we aren't "rock bouncers" we don't get the attention that some of these competition runs get... therefore sponsors/vendors dole out the big stuff to these 'big name' events and our little shindig gets left in the dust.

If someone wants to step up and work on being our sponsor/vendor liaison, I would give you all the contact names/emails i have, and even set you up with your own @settora.com email address to get things done :)

As far as Tracy city -- unfortunately there is no longer a camping location that fits our needs and requirements. And after 3 years of folks complaining about the need for trail guides (who GRACIOUSLY donated their time), we decided not to use a location that requires them, and we've switched to locations that everyone can self-navigate with a map.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Bah, who needs rock bouncers! (though I admit some of them are pretty BA)

I would be willing to "attempt" being a liaison!
I would be glad to help out as well, once I move to dayshift and work calms down a little bit.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
So, i reckon it's time to ask this: Will there be a SETO XI?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
So, i reckon it's time to ask this: Will there be a SETO XI?
Good question. I wouldn't be wheeling anything, but have always enjoyed the fellowship and hanging out. I was wondering if there would be another with how "active" this place is. I believe SETO X was already hammered down well before this time last year.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
There is another big Toyota event going down on labor day weekend at windrock. If there is no seto i may go to that....that's why i am kinda wondering

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I just wanna wheel. I don't give a dam if it's called SETO....lets get together and wheel!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
And i disagree on the lack of interest. I know there are people who want to wheel. Will it be the huge event it once was? No, but who needs that anyway. Will it still be awesome? Hell yes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just wanna wheel. I don't give a dam if it's called SETO....lets get together and wheel!

And i disagree on the lack of interest. I know there are people who want to wheel. Will it be the huge event it once was? No, but who needs that anyway. Will it still be awesome? Hell yes.

Definitely agree with you on both posts Todd!

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
woah woah woah ... I really wish people wouldn't go spreading rumors when they have no idea!

While we have been a bit busy - we are still working on this year's SETO plans. So yall be patient and we'll get this posted about it soon.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
woah woah woah ... I really wish people wouldn't go spreading rumors when they have no idea!

While we have been a bit busy - we are still working on this year's SETO plans. So yall be patient and we'll get this posted about it soon.
Sweet!

Nobody was spreading rumors though, just talking about opinions and if we thought it would happen (and that's the only thing being talked about on this board haha). Glad there are plans for one, I'd still like to show up if anybody is offering a ride!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Exactly....a asked a question, not once did i offer any sort of answer or start any rumor and the only reason i asked is because if i don't put in for time off now i won't get it. Hell, it may already be to late :(

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
The past six years it has always been labor day, that has always been the one constant. We always will relay that information if asked. I would hope that one week (you pointed out it wqs announced around may 31 last year) wouldn't make a huge difference for time off.

Should have something going soon. Life happens ya know :)

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
141 - 160 of 168 Posts