21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Used to wheel this

Now I wheel this

Chase & Emily
Cleveland, TN

Just got back into wheeling with that thing, but used to frequent Windrock quite a bit in the 88. Hoping to start going a lot again. Trails 15 and 16 at Windrock used to be my two favorites, but we haven't been in so long, not sure what either of those two look like anymore. I have heard rumors of a new rock garden on 16 though.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
04 Rocko Taco
Chris and Cort
Charleston, TN

I'm into getting out in the woods. I like some techinical and rocky stuff that makes for good pictars. I dont mind breaking stuff, and will never win any beauty awards, with my fat butt, or the truck. I hate mud. Since I am on 33's I should stick with the baby trucks, but I dont know any better and usually end up tagging along behind Marc and Brad (zman and mossyrocks and breaking something)

as long as I can get it back on the trailer, its been a good trip.

I dont have a good pic that I can get to from work. Just look at the avatar, that'll have to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
newbie to seto

Hey I'm running this 4runner locked in the rear with sliders just welded on.
Never been to Windrock before, but I can't wait!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Ted & Joy
NGa
Blue and Red '85 Truck named by my family as "BR"
We like to extreme rock bounce! ...just kidding. :D
Really miss Tellico. Windrock reminds me of Tellico in some places. We like the scenery and mild technical wheeling (not allowed to scare my wife too bad)... Most of all we enjoy the camaraderie with fellow wheelers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've got a full plate tomorrow, got to put a fuel pump in my stepbrothers truck, but I might try to make it up there first thing in the morning, as its only 20 minutes from my house. It would be cool to meet some of you guys, I'm going Wednesday to get my front bumper, it figures I'm usually a day late and a dollar short.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm Jamie. Live in Smyrna, TN.

I enjoy moderate rocky trails. I've been to "the cove" a couple of times and really enjoy it. The only event I've been to so far was GSMTR 13. That was a lot of fun and met some good people.

Here's a blurb about my rig.

In October of 2012 I bought a mostly stock 2001 4Runner Limited. I immediately started building it into my trail rig that occasionally gets used as a daily driver. I started with the tires, lift, and sliders. I also performed a lot of regular and not-so-regular maintenance and other minor modifications over the last year. One of the most unique mods is also one that allows my entire family of 6 to ride with me in the 4Runner. Using a 2nd gen T4R bucket seat I added a single 3rd row seat complete with a 3 point seatbelt in the cargo area. To celebrate the 1 year anniversary, I installed a Shrockworks front bumper and a Superwinch Talon 9.5 SR. Plans for the future include a rear locker, rear bumper w/ tire carrier, WMW roof rack, and ....
Maybe one day I'll take the time to write up a build thread. For now I use my extra time (which I have very little of) wheeling and working on the Runner.

Here's how it looks as of December 2013.

Project 6Runner:

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
welcome! this slow down over the colder months, but hopefully we'll get picked back up soon - we've had a group do a windrock snow run pretty regularly for the past few years, perhaps we can get that going again in a few weeks!

whos the unlucky friend that has to climb into that back seat?

just kidding - it actually looks pretty legit! nice job!

·
Registered
17 Posts
welcome! this slow down over the colder months, but hopefully we'll get picked back up soon - we've had a group do a windrock snow run pretty regularly for the past few years, perhaps we can get that going again in a few weeks!

whos the unlucky friend that has to climb into that back seat?

just kidding - it actually looks pretty legit! nice job!

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the forum for the next trail ride and try to join in.

My 3 older youngins (age 5, 8 & 11) actually fight over who gets to ride back there. It's definitely not adult friendly unless you're under 4'8". ;-)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts