TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all those that are running chevys can you you post up the shackle lenght your running? i have found that running the 5.75 lenght that i currently have is not up to par. ive gotten hung up on the springs and bent my driveshaft. other than that they are great:rolleyes:. any help would be apreciated. the truck is a 93 and i currently have the rear hanger in the stock location.
Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Not sure why you would experience those issues based on shackle length. But if it helps, I'm currently running a 6" shackle and I'm also using the stock rear hanger location.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant say that the shackle lenght has anyting to do with the problem but i took the same line on the first obstical on elvis and in the past ive walked the right line no sweat this time i got hung on the second step(on the third leaf) readjusted the line and hung again except this time i hit the driveshaft.
im at a loss for why i had this problem. also the lift in the rear does not seem that high. i would say 2" no more. the 32s that i run i would expect them to look undersized for the lift but it looks normal.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
I would suggest it has something to do with the springs being alot longer than the stock springs and running 32's with them that is the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts