TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am lookin at goin with a 2" lift shackel for the rear and every site i've been looking at say you have to do modifications to the exhaust... can anyone elaborate on this for me?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Your exhaust pipe exits out under the rear leaf spring. When you install just about any kind of rear lift over 1.5", the exhaust will contact the leaf springs. Easiest thing to do is cut the exhaust pipe either before or after the axle and have it dump straight down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info i was figuring it would be somethin like that but just wanted to make sure... didnt want to bite off more than i could chew

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have another question on this one if anyone can answer be very helpful... some kits say u need new shocks others say u dont i was wonderin if anybody new if it is possible to run with the stock shocks and a 2" lift shackle?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Yes you can, but your down travel is going to be limited. You need longer shocks to match the additional lift.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright plannin on goin with a little more lift later and i dont want to have to get two different sets of shocks if possible and i dont use the travel that much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts