TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that i have my rear bumper built i need some rear recovery points and was planning on welding on some tabs to put removeable D rings through when im on the trail. but i cant find any premade anywhere online that dont bolt on or stick out 2". I just want clean little loopholes. is there anywhere you can get these or am I over optimistic and need to get some made?

·
20,355 Posts
I am just going to have some metal stock cut and drilled to my liking for shackle mounts on my front bumper.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Nate (00regcab) got some from somewhere, they were SUPER beefy. Eric
(fjcruzer) got some nice ones that could be bolted on.

There's these too:
http://www.sonoransteel.com/store_shackle_hangers.html

I don't think it would be tough to make your own if you have access to a drill press.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

There's these too:

I don't think it would be tough to make your own if you have access to a drill press.
thats what i thought and was looking for.

I am just going to have some metal stock cut and drilled to my liking for shackle mounts on my front bumper.
if you do can I pay you to make a pair for me too?

·
20,355 Posts
How are you planning on attaching them. Nates just got welded to the surface of his bumper. I am thinking of doing something that will extend into the bumper a ways (2-3") In order to gain more area for welds.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Unless you can come through and weld to the beam that attaches to the frame, I'm not sure you gain a whole lot.

Nate had beefy wall thickness for his bumper (1/4"!), so I didn't see the need to put a scab plate on there. For either of your bumpers, Jay or Isaac, I would use a 3/16" scab plate. Having the mount penetrate that plate might help a bit.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

There's these too:

Those are neat but OMG $150!?!
PM me if anyone wants a set. I wouldn't dare speak of copying someone publicly after Prodigy's thread. :D

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I got mine from Off Road Solutions. I like them. 1" machined steel...

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would using the short version from rockstomper and welding them to the tubing be too weak? or should i go to the trouble to cut through and use the long version? tubing is 1/8". and troy, your assistance may be needed when i figure out which route i need to go.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Be sure to drill holes through the bumper and weld from the back side as well. Not too common, but single surface recovery points have broken off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts