TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best brand shackles? also what size would level out my truck if i have 3" toytec spacers?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have cornfed 2" shackles and am very happy with the strength and quality. Tacos are naturally higher in the back so with the 2" in the back and the 3 in the front it should be pretty close.

Trent

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I have 3" Toytec spacers, and a 2" CornFed shackle. Puts it back to stock stance. Try to find somewhere else to buy a 2" shackle other than cornfed. Although it's not a bad shackle, it's definately not worth waiting 1.5 months to get it. Let us know if you find another 2" shackle company, i'd be interested.

·
Registered
264 Posts
CYi5 said:
I have 3" Toytec spacers, and a 2" CornFed shackle. Puts it back to stock stance. Try to find somewhere else to buy a 2" shackle other than cornfed. Although it's not a bad shackle, it's definately not worth waiting 1.5 months to get it. Let us know if you find another 2" shackle company, i'd be interested.
Roger Brown sells shackles, I'm sure they are quite sturdy. Any length you want. I don't know about his manufacturing/delivery time though, never ordered from him.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/ProductLine.shtml

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree...I have the cornfed ones and waited that long for them and they arent exactly straight, they seem twisted, but i managed to get them on. You might try fabwerx.net

·
Registered
121 Posts
how long are the Downey ones, I know they make quality shackles, don't know about them being 2 inches though. Somone here probably does.
Bump

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
renzo626 said:
how long are the Downey ones, I know they make quality shackles, don't know about them being 2 inches though. Somone here probably does.
Bump
I have the downey shackles. They're 2.5" longer which only gives you about 1.25-1.5" of lift due to the angle (they're not straight up and down - that would be bad). Seem pretty hefty to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts