TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What shackle angles are you guys running in the front and rear? I am going to move the front back a to around 10* and the rear is at 45*. I am thinking about relocating the rear to 35* to level the truck out and when the front settles I can make shorter shackles for the rear. If I don't relocate the rear shackle hanger how long of a shackle can you run before it is to long?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
have you wheeled since the swap? I mean just going out to see what the suspension looks like under articulation.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I just took it out for the first time today. I just wanted to see what everyone else was running and make adjustments to mine. I'm going to let the front settle before I mess with the rear.

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
I'd wait to make any adjustments till everything settles to where it is going to be and then, go from there. You don't want to adjust something too much and then realize it, too late. Drive it for a while and see what happens.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Most of us have front shackles. :flipoff4: jk

Id love to help but Id have to see it in person to offer any advice. My brain just functions slightly better when its right in front of me. :dunno:

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
crawlrunner said:
You want me to measure mine Chris?
The sexual innuendos are getting funnier :rofl:

Sorry its just one of those days where everything's funny. Im banning myself for the rest of the day.

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
The sexual innuendos are getting funnier :rofl:

Sorry its just one of those days where everything's funny. Im banning myself for the rest of the day.
OK, that was pretty much, hilarious!

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
yeah, really. I think we need to put that as a scrolling banner, just to warn everybody that we are misfits and nothing more.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crawlrunner said:
You want me to measure mine Chris?
Yeah, I just want to know if I am running similar angles to everyone else and it may help someone else in the future.

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
sloppytaco said:
Yeah, I just want to know if I am running similar angles to everyone else and it may help someone else in the future.
but, isn't is going to depend on weight of the vehicle and how broken in the springs are? I could be way off, it just seems like it would be a few weeks of kind driving it around to be able to get a true reading on where you are at ride height.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I need to clarify myself and apologize if I have confused anyone. I'm not changing the front shackle hangers around and know it will take a while for the springs to settle. I do know that I have 45* on the rear and was wondering what everyone else was running to see if I should move them to 35* for better performance. Kyle did pass on that he is running 30* in the rear and his flex's like a beast. So, when the front is completely settled I'll make adjustments to the rear. Later

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
OK Colin I know you are gona have fun w/this one. I don't know exactly how you are measuring the angles but, my front shackles are very short & are almost perpendicular to the spring & frame. My rear shackles are 8" monsters and are also almost perpendicular to frame & spring. I think I heard somewhere to keep shackle length to a minimum on the front especially for stability.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
ATLRoach said:
Ed you don't even hold a candle to mine...
thats funny :D :rofl:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
6 Participants
GOT COPE?
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing