TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a SAS on my 2003 regular cab Tacoma. I have been wheeling it with 33s and a rear locker for years. I am swapping in a Dana 44 and 60 from a 78-79 F250. It will probably take me all winter to get this done but thought I would start a thread.

All ifs parts, rear locking axle and tires 33 bfg km2s tons of tread, rims will be for sale as they come off so if anybody wants them give me a reasonable offer and we can work something out.

How it pretty much sits now.

Front axle hanger frenched into trailgear bumper hanger that I am reenforcing and using as the front crossmember. Hanger is 1 3/4" higher and forward about 2" of where it would be using FROR hanger under existing frame. Going to fully weld everything to frame it's just bolted for fitting. Got a Lincoln 180c yesterday.

Front axle with tie rod on. Interference but I think I can make it work.

Hope to keep it reasonably low and run 37" KM2s.

Will need lots of advice along the way.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Got the IFS off and spring hanger crossmember welded on. Still need to cut and grind welds off of frame. Sawzall with torch blades made short work of getting the majority of the brackets cut off.

I need to get some better jack stands before crawling under truck to change oil pan and grind.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
awesome to see another reg cab getting a SAS :D

What springs are those again? You should be able to keep it low with the way you did the spring hanger. If not, after using it for a while you might have to remove a couple of leafs from each pack.

Looking good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are 5" allpro off road springs.

I am most likely going to pull the bottom spring or two to get better tierod clearance to avoid adding a spacer under the high steer arms. I will have to see how it rides first.

Your rig is looking good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts