TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a dumb question but im gonna ask it anyway so here goes. I have an 06 tacoma with Hoes and Deavers 10 pack in the back, and the bump hits before the shock is fully compressed, I know that fully compressing the shock is bad but i have about 3 inches of shock left and was wondering if shaving the bump a bit is a good idea to get more travel or a waste of time and a bad idea. Thanx in advance.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
It would depend more on what the rear spring arch is like... upon full compression... Negative arch wears springs more quickly and puts a lot of stress on them... which could cause premature failure... Maybe you need to do a shock relocation to better use the travel of the shock... If you have that much left over... on compression... It may be limiting suspension drop as well...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Dell, anyone else with input on this.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm leaning toward Tacodells opinion. Negative arch is not a good thing. More droop will help you off road.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So this is not a good way to get more travel for the time being.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Well thats good enough for me thanx.
You're welcome. I have a post in suspension tech regarding longer shocks for the 05-07 tacos. I have been playing around with trying to run a 10.17 Bil 5125 series shock in the back. I had to extend the bumps to avoid bottoming out the shocks. The 5125 is eye/eye mount so an adapter is needed and that extended and took compression away from the back shock, but gave me great droop. I'm going to switch to the Hoe resis and a stock bump, so I get the compression back to stock dimensions and retain some of that great droop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts