TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall i'm trying to put together a trip to shilo ridge this weekend, any one who is interested PM me and i'll get you the details. I want to get one last run out of my rig while it is still stock, prove that toyota did a damn good job designing the new tacos. I'm trying to get a bunch of people from school and home to come so it won't be a yota specific event. Want it to be an all vechicals event everything from the stock 2wd truck/SUV to the tricked out 4x4 should be something for everybody .Anyways, just thought i'd throw it out there. If you're interested PM me and i'll get you the best details i can get. I'll also post this in the general section as well as on the main forum.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
your not likely to get much of a response from anyone here. I used to live in Lufkin and I wouldnt go then in my truck. too many drunks on atv's out there (i was one of them). Good luck and have fun

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its not the greatest park but it's close, i like BMRA in Gilmer a lot more but it's now as stock-friendly a park to my experience. In any case i won't be able to make it this weekend due to some truck problems. I've got some mean vibration in the drive train and it's all stock, so it goes off to the stealership this weekend to try and have to problem fixed. If yall are still willing to go i will coordinate but won't be there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
LAW said:
mud is evil! :D
No shit! Especially after a nice rain, in a stock NON-TRD prerunner with stock 30 or 31 a/t at the bottom of the hill towards the mud pit. I was embarased when a 4x4 fourwheeler had to tow me up. That place is fun if you want to see a bunch of rednecks who drink and you don't want technical wheeling, just a bunch of mud.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
really, no technical wheeling? There are a few spot now that will challenge a fully built rig.We go for the 4x4 rodeo's every year just to people watch and hang out, it's a blast but be tolerante of the rednecks. But I steer clear of the mud pits!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
taco4x4rar said:
I know its not the greatest park but it's close, i like BMRA in Gilmer a lot more but it's now as stock-friendly a park to my experience. In any case i won't be able to make it this weekend due to some truck problems. I've got some mean vibration in the drive train and it's all stock, so it goes off to the stealership this weekend to try and have to problem fixed. If yall are still willing to go i will coordinate but won't be there.

If you go at the right time it's not so bad. We went in January a few years ago and almost had the entire park to ourselves. Muddy, yes...but we didn't have all of the drunk people on ATV's to worry about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts