TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall i'm trying to put together a trip to shilo ridge this weekend, any one who is interested PM me and i'll get you the details. I want to get one last run out of my rig while it is still stock, prove that toyota did a damn good job designing the new tacos. I'm trying to get a bunch of people from school and home to come so it won't be a yota specific event. Want it to be an all vechicals event everything from the stock 2wd truck/SUV to the tricked out 4x4 should be something for everybody .Anyways, just thought i'd throw it out there. If you're interested PM me and i'll get you the best details i can get. I'll also post this in the TX forum.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Beware of all the drunk rednecks on the trails there! Never been there, but everytime TXTTORA had a run there it seemed there was always reports of some stupid beer guzzling redneck causing trouble with the group.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I went out with a Jeep club to Shilo Ridge a few weeks ago and it appeared nothing had changed from my last visit a few years ago. Drunk dumbasses on every trail.
We left Saturday afternoon and went wheeling at one of the members family hunting property. Not as many good trails but a lot less dumb drunks.

"What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover ?
The position of the dirt bag"
:( I ride a Harley for my daily driver. :(

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
and I want a harley for my DD! LOL! I just thought it was a funny saying that came from a friend of mine that grew up riding harley's! no offense meant! you should know me better than that!

I guess shileo may never change. I found a park up here that resembles Shilo! the first time I went out there, my buddy had to pull a drunk out of a mud puddle in a stock ranger so that everyone could get around him. The drunk had already wrecked his trail rid driving to the park by loosing the rid off the trailer. my first thought was "damn! I thought I avoided this type of thing by never going to Shilo" LOL

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Bear said:
and I want a harley for my DD! LOL! I just thought it was a funny saying that came from a friend of mine that grew up riding harley's! no offense meant! you should know me better than that!
No offense taken. I've been called a dirt bag and a lot worse. When you get a Harley be prepared for the wife saying "He's having a mid-life crises". "No I really wanted a Harley 15 years ago but instead had to buy you a new car to shut you up, tradin your 40 year old ass in for two 20's is a mid-life crises".

Shilo will probably never change because the park management seems to be happy with the way its operating. Why mess with it if only a few are complaining. Most people know the parks rep before coming out, so they arent surprised and probably enjoy that type of atmosphere.

On the positive side tho TMTC (BMRA) has added another park in Texas and it should be in full operation soon.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I got to remember that line about the trade-in! it could come in handy in a few years!

Oh! and getting a harley…the wife is pushing for it more than I right now! So I can't complain too loudly about her! whats holding me back is I want to build one and she just wants to go out and buy it! where is the fun in that?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Build it, I traded for mine, even though it's a 2000 with 5K miles in the last three months I've torn it down twice to modify it or change out new parts I wanted on. If/when I decide to go to a new bike I'll build next time.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
you would like it up here in the spring and summer months! Other than each stop light looking like a preverbal car show. There is a one restrauant I pass going home that has "bike night" each Wednesday night. they get all types of bikes, but a mostly the custom choppers that are totally amazing with all the neon and stretched rails!

by 8pm there is a couple hundred bikes in the parking lot. Totally amazing! Last year I helped out a guy that had a brand new custom he built (9ft stretched, with a 300mm on the rear etc) at a gas station close by. He kept draining his battery because he shorted out his license plate light by forgetting a wire grommet during the build.

I helped him get it running and he told me anytime I felt like joining him at the bike night, I had a standing invite…think I will take him up on it this year!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I was in Batesville a few years ago during part of spring and summer, the weather was mild, great for bike riding. Seems like a lot of those farmers keep mechanical hogs in their barns also.
I've been telling myself I wont mind riding the bike during the summer months, for the last couple years I've been D/D my softtop no A/C YJ so the bike might actually be more comfortable than the Jeep. We'll see soon the heat's on it's way. Otherwise the Tacoma comes out and becomes a D/D, I hate to do that, after 8 years she's only got 85K on her.
I pass Longhorn Harley to get home, every Wednesday night they have a bike show in the parking lot, usually its breaking up when I get home from work tho.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Well between me living 5 minutes away from O'reilly race park (formally IRP where they hold the NHRA nationals and busche and craftsmen truck races) and passing that "biker joint" I get to see a lot of great custom rides, both two and four wheel varieties.

I really need to either get a bike or start work on restoring the two projects I have under wraps. the taco is fun for a daily driver, but I do rack up the miles on her!Not as much as I did when I was in Texas, but still more than I really want to.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shilo this weekend

I know its not the greatest park but it's close, i like BMRA in Gilmer a lot more but it's now as stock-friendly a park to my experience. In any case i won't be able to make it this weekend due to some truck problems. I've got some mean vibration in the drive train and it's all stock, so it goes off to the stealership this weekend to try and have to problem fixed. If yall are still willing to go i will coordinate but won't be there.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Bear said:
Beware of all the drunk rednecks on the trails there! Never been there, but everytime TXTTORA had a run there it seemed there was always reports of some stupid beer guzzling redneck causing trouble with the group.

that`s retarded.....I like getting fawked up like everyone else, but the big loud mouth drunken asshole wheeler is lower than whale shit. They`d just put down your $75K Campbell Enterprises comp buggy and talk about how their 2wd 76 chevy.... :jack: ...4 block main...:jack:..with baldass tires. "Confrontation King" is one of the reasons wheelers get blamed for damage/trash/blah blah blah....ya put all this money into your junk, drive to a new trail and see a river of trash...sorry but that kinda pisses me off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts