TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does this mean from ups? Would destination city not be the nearest hub? In which my package arrived at the nearest hub on Dec. 1, went out for dellivery on Dec. 2 which was the original scheduled delivery date. I have no package, no notice of attempted delivery. I've been checking my tracking number since the original date of the 2nd and kept seeing a rescheduled delivery date of the 3,6, and now 7.

I called ups on the 3rd wondering what was going on being I had no notice of atempted delivery, and got the run around
UPS: " we deliver till 7pm and some time the driver is a little behind "
Me: it's 8pm
UPS: " There is nothing I can do as the system still shows it out for delivery "
I called the vendor today being I took off work to find out if ups even attemped delivery. They tryed to track down the trouble and said they would call me later in the day when they knew something and asked me to do the same if delivery was made. They did say they would attempt to get the shipping charges reimbursed. It's now 1:30 am no phone call no package.

All the past tracking information has always said " status: In Transit ". Now it says " status: Exception " with the following in the activity feild Which normally listed where it was or out for delivery.

FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED, NO ATTEMPT WAS MADE TO DELIVER AS SCHEDULED

Sorry for the long post just ranting alittle.

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
Looks like the package was mis-scanned, so the people on the phone at UPS don't get the right information. I'm guessing it was routed to the wrong hub or left at a hub by mistake. Happens. Keep in mind that UPS guarantees their deliveries by a certain date. If they missed the date, UPS can refund the shipping charges (less insurance charges) IF the shipper applies for a claim after they receive their invoice from UPS. Follow-up with the shipper and you should hopefully get a refund for the shipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts