TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my cornfed 3 in lift delivered today. (yaa hoo) i got the rancho shocks. i got the rubber bushings that came in the shock box (4) in each box. i did not get any type of hour glass steel bushings that i thought i was going to need. am i correct in thinking that i will need these steel bushings in order for my new rear shocks to mount up ? i got the lift second hand from another member (all sealed up never installed) and wanted to put it on this weekend. if i need these, where do i get them for ranchos ? all replies welcome and needed

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
The bushings are supposed to be rubber, not steel. Their specs are standard hour-glass shaped, 3/4" internal diameter. You may need to spread some lithium grease to get them in the shock eye-let. It also helps to lube them when installing them on the rear shock mounts. Hope this helps.

By the way, my sister lives in Mobile. I was just down there this past weekend.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
give me a yell when you come back this way.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Usually tire dept for sears or the like, or any 4wd parts shop will have them. They are like $5-10.00. 4wparts has them, and I bet toyota dealership may have them. Yeah, a little grease, and they pop right in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts