TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know were i can get some bolt on shock mounts? I know budbuilt used to have them but cant find them anymore.

I have weld on mounts that i got with my ubolt flip kit, but dont want to weld those on till i get longer shocks and do a shock relocation. this will just be a temporary setup.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
anybody know were i can get some bolt on shock mounts? I know budbuilt used to have them but cant find them anymore.

I have weld on mounts that i got with my ubolt flip kit, but dont want to weld those on till i get longer shocks and do a shock relocation. this will just be a temporary setup.
I doubt you find any and if you do I wouldn't trust them. Just weld them on...can always cut them off later.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Weld greg and get some rough cunt shocks for like 70ish shipped.

I have a phone number for a guy who can help ya out.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt you find any and if you do I wouldn't trust them. Just weld them on...can always cut them off later.
i was going for the laziest approach:p

Weld greg and get some rough cunt shocks for like 70ish shipped.

I have a phone number for a guy who can help ya out.
my shocks are fine, i just need to do the ubolt flip since i sheared my old ubolts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welding them on is the laziest approach

not when i have to rewire the extension cord for the welder so i can plug it in the dryer outlet...very inconvienent

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
not when i have to rewire the extension cord for the welder so i can plug it in the dryer outlet...very inconvienent
yeah your a mechanical not an electrical engineer...........

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Weld some up that can then be bolted in. You do not need to move the welder this way...... build the part and then add it to the truck.:rolleyes:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
yeah it's tough to have to drive to Lowe's Or Home Depot :rolleyes:
$ 20 for a coupla' plug ends could likely break 'da bank :rolleyes:

seems lazy :p

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Weld some up that can then be bolted in. You do not need to move the welder this way...... build the part and then add it to the truck.:rolleyes:
I'm still waiting to see these magical 'bolt-on' shock mounts and how they attach to the housing :p

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
There are some things I believe that should be bolted on, like sliders, bumpers, armor...

But shocks; no thank you. Weld them on!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts