TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of bilsteins 7100's, and one has a bad shaft seal. Does anybody know someone who rebuilds them at a decent rate. I would like to have them both "freshened up", and recharged. Any help is appreciated.

Eric

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
If all you're doing is replacing a bad seal and not messing around with the valving or anything why not get a quart of shock oil, a rebuilt kit and go through them yourself? It's not rocket science.
Surley you can find a local motorcyle shop or somebody to charge them with nitrogen for ya.
Just be sure to keep track of how the parts come out and maybe take some pics if you need to so you can get them back together the right way.

I have a pair of bilsteins 7100's, and one has a bad shaft seal. Does anybody know someone who rebuilds them at a decent rate. I would like to have them both "freshened up", and recharged. Any help is appreciated.

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
EricB
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing