TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey GUys,
I got 6" alcans in the rear and curently have the ranchos 9000's on. They look like they are starting to rust and was thinking of getting a new set of shocks. I've been reading a little on the board and a lot of people seem to be running the bilsteins these says. are these the shock of choice these days. I've been reading that the ride is good both off and on road. I am not a hard core off roader but go maybe once or twice a month.

What do you guys recommend for the my set up in the rear?
and what is the stock number for the length that I need with my alcans leafs? Thank you guys for everything. Makana

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
makana said:
Hey GUys,
I got 6" alcans in the rear and curently have the ranchos 9000's on. They look like they are starting to rust and was thinking of getting a new set of shocks. I've been reading a little on the board and a lot of people seem to be running the bilsteins these says. are these the shock of choice these days. I've been reading that the ride is good both off and on road. I am not a hard core off roader but go maybe once or twice a month.

What do you guys recommend for the my set up in the rear?
and what is the stock number for the length that I need with my alcans leafs? Thank you guys for everything. Makana

there is no way to guess on what shock length you need. This is the only way to be sure:
http://www.bajataco.com/travel-measurement.html

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
makana said:
jusu bumping up
Did you read the info in the link that Hytenor posted? When you modify the suspension of a vehicle, one of the fun aspects is mating up the right components. You need to cycle your suspension figure out the length of the shocks that fit your rig. Even if somebody has the same springs as you, the shocks they are using may not be the right ones and your travel lengths might not be the same as their's either. So do us all a favor, grab a tape measure and go find a ramp to drive on and figure out the right lengths.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts