TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going with the toyec 3" spacers and shackles in rear but i dont know what shocks to put in front and back.... i want bilsteins but i guess you cant get 5100s now a days so what else is there? where do i buy shocks from?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that for front or the rear? where can i get some of those?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how come they dont show any shocks for tacomas?

·
Registered
607 Posts
They have them for sure, I just got mine delivered on Friday!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can you send me a link to where you got them from?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
cauch235 said:
can you send me a link to where you got them from?
You definitely won't find rear shocks listed for the Tacoma in a lifted application. You'll have to figure out what extended/compressed lengths you need, and order that way.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mudferret said:
You definitely won't find rear shocks listed for the Tacoma in a lifted application. You'll have to figure out what extended/compressed lengths you need, and order that way.
i dont have any clue about that kind of stuff.... if this helps i will be putting on 3" spacers and 2" shackles in rear then a 3" bl.... can you help me with what i need....

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
cauch235 said:
i dont have any clue about that kind of stuff.... if this helps i will be putting on 3" spacers and 2" shackles in rear then a 3" bl.... can you help me with what i need....
Here's a link to the specs for the "5100" (5125, "universal" shock, not vehicle specific) series shocks, for a 1.5" rear lift you'd need the 6252 and 6253 models, not sure if these are good for the 2" of lift you're wanting.

To measure the lengths you'd need (after installing the lift), unbolt your rear shocks, and flex out the rear end, measure the extended and compressed lengths you'd need by measuring the distance between the shock mounts. The driver's side and passenger side will have slightly different numbers. This gives you an idea of what you need and you can cross reference those numbers with the HD series shock.

·
Registered
239 Posts
cauch235 said:
i am going with the toyec 3" spacers and shackles in rear but i dont know what shocks to put in front and back.... i want bilsteins but i guess you cant get 5100s now a days so what else is there? where do i buy shocks from?
Here are our new shocks:
left and right specific lengths to prevent bottoming and maximize travel. Remote reservoir for heat capacity and to accommodate more travel. Plated AND clear powder coated body and reservoir. 5/8" Nitro steel shaft (like our coil overs) specifically tuned for Tacoma performance. this is the BEST you can do in the stock mounts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Very nice looking shock, I've yet to upgrade my rear shocks, so hopefully future cash flow will allow me to run with the 'Hoes. :xpimp:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DylanDr said:
Here are our new shocks:
left and right specific lengths to prevent bottoming and maximize travel. Remote reservoir for heat capacity and to accommodate more travel. Plated AND clear powder coated body and reservoir. 5/8" Nitro steel shaft (like our coil overs) specifically tuned for Tacoma performance. this is the BEST you can do in the stock mounts

when can i get some of those and how much?

·
Banned
598 Posts
mudferret said:
Here's a link to the specs for the "5100" (5125, "universal" shock, not vehicle specific) series shocks, for a 1.5" rear lift you'd need the 6252 and 6253 models, not sure if these are good for the 2" of lift you're wanting.

To measure the lengths you'd need (after installing the lift), unbolt your rear shocks, and flex out the rear end, measure the extended and compressed lengths you'd need by measuring the distance between the shock mounts. The driver's side and passenger side will have slightly different numbers. This gives you an idea of what you need and you can cross reference those numbers with the HD series shock.
5100-5125's not currently available until ~March.

for the rear, 5150's are available, but they dont come with a 1" longer shock like the 5125's do.

there's some other threads talking about bottoming out the 5125's (and most 8" travel shocks) due to the "long" compressed lengths when mounted up to the OEM shock mounts. so you'll bottom out the shock before the bumpstop does. one way to remedy is to get shorter bumpstops or do a reloaction of the shock mounts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts