TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone is interested in doing some shooting out at the Pawnee National Grasslands (N.E. CO)...a trip is in the works for Sun. Nov 6th.

FYI meet at HWY 14(Mulberry) and I-25 McDonalds East exit at 10am
see further in post for contact info...

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Lysmachia said:
Didn't we talk shop about this? I'm in... who has the sigsauar...?
That would be me, David. The black Dcab.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Make it to old town alright Dave?
Yes, I'm down for the firearms extravaganza. We should see about getting some stuff to shoot full of holes...perhaps an old computer or TV or kitchen appliance. I know there are a couple clay launchers out there too. Count my AR15 in, maybe a shotgun and a six-gun (yee-haw). Might even have a good ol' fashioned AK47 in the mix.
For those of you interested but who don't know where the grasslands are, they are about 20 minutes east of Ft. Collins on HWY 14, past Ault. It's pretty much anything goes out there, as long as you don't shoot up some farmer's windmill head or watering tank.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yup, made it at like 5 or 10 after 9pm, so not too bad. She was kewl and I told her I was gonna be a few minutes. Grabbed a couple martinis, going to a movie with her tonight. Lifes great. lol :xpimp:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Lysmachia said:
Dave you are such a playa'

Uh I forgot - I'll be in Moab on the 6th. Hi Short term memory....
Um.... Hmm..... Maybe.... :D

And we'll get to go shooting sometime. And she's going to look at taking a weekend day off sometime soon and go with on an easy run all the way through for Storm Mountain to the Moody Hill side. :xozzy:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Ahhh, yes, ammo has been purchased, the guns are getting restless. My bro is coming along with a couple a girls. They'll just love the tacoma's x-cab jump seats. We'll have a veritable arsenal.
Just a disclaimer here; we are all well trained and practiced in gun safety and awareness, everybody! Anybody's free to shoot some of my hardware, provided they exhibit the requisite maturity and restraint. I've taught more than a few people to shoot, with excellent results. So everybody feel free to come on out.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I was thinking to make use of the daylight and have enough time to shoot to meet at the McDonalds on the west side of I25 and Mulberry. Hows that sound?

I'll bring a decent amount of ammo and some of my guns also. I also have a few target stands.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This all sounds good, but I don't see a time...when are you all heading out? Is the McDonalds the meeting place?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah, we'll meet at McDonalds, on the East side of I-25. When does everyone feel like heading out? I'm guessing we could meet at 10AM or so. Pawnee is not too far off, and we'll have plenty of daylight. I'm flexible. Would that work for everybody? I'm stoked, got some cartridges for my Sewdish Mauser, that's a rare delight. 300 yard shot anyone?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I was thinking about 9-9:30ish. Could grab breakfast real fast if anyone wants to there also. That work?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It's really up to 22RToy, he's comin' from Thornton. I'm concerned that I won't be able to get a couple of my friends up that early. How come so early? We'll have plenty of light (till 5:30 or so?) Let's not get too gung-ho, we don't even have any wheeling to do there. What's the word on weather for tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I think around 10ish would work. Shouldn't be too far a drive. Have to forgive me for time, I'm so used to getting up at like 6.

And here's the weather.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Where's ELKTaco with the RRA AR15...C'mon up man! And whoever had that clay launcher, bring it up! I'll hit up WalMart *eeewwwww, shiver* for the Value Pack of 12 gauge shells. My scattergun isn't exactly a skeet gun... (ghost ring rear sight and all) but it'll knock 'em down!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Affirmative! Nothing builds your shooting skills quite like some early morning hang-over McGriddles. I could be so hungover that every step was painful, and every breath caused instant nausea, and a McDonald's breakfast would quickly make me OK again. Tried and tested!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
7 Participants
blown4runner
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing