TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok like the title says I'm shopping for new tires don't need any now just looking around, I have 35x12.5x15 I have pro comp mtr right now but I'm looking for a mud terrain that drives well on road and also does good offroad, any ideas. Or any all terrains that have aggressive look but the all terrain ride?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So goodyear mtrs are good for on and offroad?

Right now my rig is my DD and weekend wheeler so I need something that gets more tread life than bfg mtrs but still does well offroad, I do not do too much "rocks" as of now I just stock to 4peaks, butcherjones, pyeatt draw

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have some BigO brand 35-12.5-r15 all terrains on shiny steel wheels that you can cruise around town on all week and then throw your MTs on the truck for wheeling. $250

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have some BigO brand 35-12.5-r15 all terrains on shiny steel wheels that you can cruise around town on all week and then throw your MTs on the truck for wheeling. $250
Maybe. Pm me with pics

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
They are a good compromise tire. Not the best off road tire and not the best pavement tire but does a passible job of each. Maybe the best of the compromise tires out there.

Of course Eric will tell you Maxis but that's just him. He's kinda wierd anyway.

So goodyear mtrs are good for on and offroad?

Right now my rig is my DD and weekend wheeler so I need something that gets more tread life than bfg mtrs but still does well offroad, I do not do too much "rocks" as of now I just stock to 4peaks, butcherjones, pyeatt draw

·
20,355 Posts
I may also be interested in these. If they are still around shoot me some pics as well.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Here's a pic of them on the '82 when I bought it. At least 75% tread on these, just completely useless offroad...

·
20,355 Posts
Yeah, Rocks will be the next time I am down that way. Just need to get some street rollers for the taco to keep miles of the TSLs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
11 Participants
007max
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing