TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 DubCab that I bought used. It seems like it should have a keyless remote. Did these models have it and if so where could I get one for my truck?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Umm... it may have... Where did you buy it from... Private or Dealer... if Private.. Contact the seller... same with Dealer... Call'em and ask...

if not... then go to the dealer and see if they can order you a remote and sync' it with the system in the truck... it may be worth it to just get an Alarm for yer rig...

I just got a decent one for $130 installed... sounds like a freakn' House Alarm!! ha ha!! Me Likey!! :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had the same situation double cab limited with sun roof trd and color keyed bumper. Had power door locks just no keyless and this is because keyless was an option that year. Power locks and keyless where to seperate options at least that is what i was told. But hold the key and all doors unlock or was it turn key twice i dont recall but one of them does it lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Animal said:
I just got a decent one for $130 installed... sounds like a freakn' House Alarm!! ha ha!! Me Likey!! :D
what kind of alarm did you get installed? do you have power windows/locks? or manual? mine is all manual and i was wanting to install an alarm on my truck.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If your truck did come with the keyless entry from the factory and your seller just lost it or did not give you the remote you can get them from <http://www.keylessremotesforless.com/Toyota.htm>. I bought a remote from these guys and it works great. It came with clear instructions on how to program the remote(it took me two tries because the timing was critical, but was not difficult). The keyless remote system, if installed, is behind the drivers side kick panel. I suppose you could pull the panel off and see if your truck has it installed. Probably easier to just ask the dealer though. They can tell without taking anything apart.

My local dealership wanted over $200 for a new remote. I paid about $50 for a refurbished one from keylessremotesforless. Great deal, happy customer :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Call your dealer with your VIN #...That will tell them if it was installed....My 2001 DC was purchased without it....It has everything else...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts