TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys,been lurking for awhile but this is my first post.got a 98 2.7 tacoma sr-5 ext cab,best thing ive ever had.with that being said heres my problem.-in 1st gear when i give it full throttle the truck shutters real bad,at the bottom of 2nd it shutters too but when u get the rpms back up it stops.it doesnt do it in 4low,just when accelerating pretty good.checked my motor mounts the best i could see they all looked alright.so maybe the tranny mounts?

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
tacochickmagnet said:
whats up guys,been lurking for awhile but this is my first post.got a 98 2.7 tacoma sr-5 ext cab,best thing ive ever had.with that being said heres my problem.-in 1st gear when i give it full throttle the truck shutters real bad,at the bottom of 2nd it shutters too but when u get the rpms back up it stops.it doesnt do it in 4low,just when accelerating pretty good.checked my motor mounts the best i could see they all looked alright.so maybe the tranny mounts?
Sounds like you got something loose in the drivetrain, OR

Bad u-joint?
Bad clutch?

How many miles on the truck?

I'd crawl under there and have a look-see. Chances are you'll be able to find it, look for something loose in the drive train. Good luck. oh, and welcome aboard,

--Scott

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
sounds like a mount but ud have to drive the hell out of it to get one of those messed up, what happens in reverse?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the clutch is good its not slipping,i know the tires arent hopping,not sure about reverse,ive drove it easy since ive had it,it started getting worse since ive had it though,its got 95k miles.im in WV so the only time i run it hard is up the mountains.ill crawl under it tomarrow if it dries up alil bit and check that mount and joints and everything,thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts